+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit- Covid travel restrictions

rahul86s

Dec 4, 2019
I live in USA and hold Canada open work permit. I planned to travel Canada as a dependent of my spouse on April 1st. My employment start date there is also 1st April.
Due to coronavirus situations out there I am planning to postpone my travel plan by one month.
However, my Canadian employer wants me to join remotely and work from home. I would like to know if open work permit visa allows me to work remotely from USA?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I live in USA and hold Canada open work permit. I planned to travel Canada on April 1st. My employment start date there is also 1st April.
Due to coronavirus situations out there I am planning to postpone my travel plan by one month.
However, my Canadian employer is asking me to join as planned and work from home. I would like to know if my visa has any restrictions or not? can i start working from USA and join in Canada after a month.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Canada won't care if you WFH from the U.S. You are good to go.

Lopwk

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
I live in USA and hold Canada open work permit. I planned to travel Canada as a dependent of my spouse on April 1st. My employment start date there is also 1st April.
However, my Canadian employer wants me to join remotely and work from home. I would like to know if open work permit visa allows me to work remotely from USA?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
That's good that you can work from home in US. May I know how long does it take to find a job and which job nature are you doing? Thanks for your sharing in advance.