+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OPEN PERMIT

leoj_09

Star Member
Jul 13, 2010
- HOW TO APPLY AN OPEN PERMIT AND WHERE?..
- WHAT ARE THOSE QUALIFICATION?..

I AM NOW WORKING HERE IN ONTARIO AND MY PERMIT GOING TO EXPIRED THIS COMING DECEMBER AND I WANT TO APPLY AN OPEN
PERMIT IF POSSIBLE..PLS HELP ME..

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Not a chance.

To get a new work visa for the same Company you work for needs a positive LMO. Then an extension applied for and a work visa granted on the same status as before.

To continue working elsehwere you need a new employer to get a positive LMO and then a new work visa will be issued, tying you to that employer.

Open work permits......paying student....first stage approval on a PR Family class application Inland..........arrive with a spouse , whom is a paying student, or taking up a skilled job on their own work visa.

Any one else got any other ways of getting an OWP....please post cos I researched everywhere and could only find those reasons.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are also OWP's available to live-in caregivers applying for PR after first stage approval and for refugees at some point in their process.

Provincial nominees can sometimes get the LMO requirement lifted to extend their work permits but it would still not be an open permit.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Leon said:
There are also OWP's available to live-in caregivers applying for PR after first stage approval and for refugees at some point in their process.

Provincial nominees can sometimes get the LMO requirement lifted to extend their work permits but it would still not be an open permit.
Thanks Leon, for the added information.

A PNP nominee will get a work permit without LMO but tied to the PNP employer. The spouse of a PNP nominee will however, be issued with an OWP.

I do not know much about the live-in caregiver route but all AIP applicants will get an OWP, so assume this applies to inland applicants in the caregiver class.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The spouse of a PNP nominee would fall under the category of spouse of TFW/student and therefore get an open work permit.

The live-in caregiver gets OWP at AIP like an inland spousal applicant. Probably similar to the refugees.

Almost forgot, there are also working holiday visa programs between Canada and many other countries giving applicants of certain age an open work permit for 6 months to 2 years.