+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP- Score Clarification!

sageorge

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Hello,

I have a score of 401 at the moment. I understand that 400 is the minimum requirement. Does having 401 make my chance of getting a PT thinner? The thing being I have a CLB 8 , if i redo my test and get a CLB 10, my points change to 449. The government has not gone below 451. I wanted to decide if it is worth taking the test again, since it does not seem to make much of a difference. Unless of course, having 449 gives me a better chance at getting the PT from the Ontario Province.

Also, does the OOPNP have a limit as to how many people are invited via the PT like how the PNP program has?

Can someone please guide? Really appreciate your time and effort.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Given today's draw cutoff of 450, strongly recommend that you consider taking IELTS again to push your points up to 449. There is nothing special about 450 per se and CIC might do a draw with the cutoff at 445 or thereabouts in the foreseeable future. Even otherwise, one should always try one;s best to get the best possible score and repeating IELTS is the quickest (and, arguably, the easiest) way to push up the CRS score.

sageorge

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Thanks for the reply.

The IELTS exam is such a gamble. To get a CLB 10, I have to get a listening score between 8.5 and 9. When i did the academics test I did get an 8.5, but with the general this time I got only a 7.5 though I felt i did better than the first. The exam is expensive to take it multiple times.

So my question goes back to the OOPNP process- How does OOPNP work? Do they call anyone and everyone who hits the 400 cut off mark?

afsar9930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Learn french and take second language exam plus re take ielts and improve your score if you are desperate for Canadian PR

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sageorge said:
Thanks for the reply.

The IELTS exam is such a gamble. To get a CLB 10, I have to get a listening score between 8.5 and 9. When i did the academics test I did get an 8.5, but with the general this time I got only a 7.5 though I felt i did better than the first. The exam is expensive to take it multiple times.

So my question goes back to the OOPNP process- How does OOPNP work? Do they call anyone and everyone who hits the 400 cut off mark?
They don't invite everyone above 400.