Feb 5, 2015
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottwa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

My Current Employment reference letter is 1 year old. Currently my employee is not providing the new one. In this case can I use the same old one and provide the Pay stubs till current date?

cheers
R.Vinod

vinodram

Feb 5, 2015
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottwa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please advice, its Mandatory for Employee reference letter needs to be with current Date or can we submit with older date and attach other supporting documents?

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinodram said:
Please advice, its Mandatory for Employee reference letter needs to be with current Date or can we submit with older date and attach other supporting documents?
It need not be current but I believe it can be upto few months old. It is preferable to have the letter issued in the last 3 months but there is no time limit on how old it can be. If it is few months old, then you can also attach other supporting docs like pay stubs to prove that you are still with the same company and role.

vinodram

Feb 5, 2015
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottwa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajanvnv said:
It need not be current but I believe it can be upto few months old. It is preferable to have the letter issued in the last 3 months but there is no time limit on how old it can be. If it is few months old, then you can also attach other supporting docs like pay stubs to prove that you are still with the same company and role.
Its one year old, that why i am thinking

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinodram said:
Its one year old, that why i am thinking
I would suggest you to get a revised letter if its a possiblity. If you are unable to get, then you do not have a choice, go with the additional supporting docs option.

vinodram

Feb 5, 2015
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottwa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Rajiv, I submitted with additional docs option, lets c what happens

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
I am facing the same issue. My old employer gave me an old reference letter stating the occupation and the duration of the employment period, However he did not mention salary , working hours , etc ? will this be an issue ?

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
messiry said:
I am facing the same issue. My old employer gave me an old reference letter stating the occupation and the duration of the employment period, However he did not mention salary , working hours , etc ? will this be an issue ?
Salary can alternatively substituted by Pay stubs, if you separately have them. It is good to have hours/week or the description full time but I don't believe it is mandatory. Some companies have their employees log their time on a periodic basis. At later stages if they call to verify, you can substitute these by providing screen-prints of your time entry system or you can attach few of them up-front.

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
rajanvnv said:
Salary can alternatively substituted by Pay stubs, if you separately have them. It is good to have hours/week or the description full time but I don't believe it is mandatory. Some companies have their employees log their time on a periodic basis. At later stages if they call to verify, you can substitute these by providing screen-prints of your time entry system or you can attach few of them up-front.

Thank you