+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) score inquiry (higher than cutoff)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Currently for OINP, the crs score cutoff is at 462.
https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-express-entry-notifications-interest

Would I still be able to get pick if my crs score is higher then the cutoff, for example 482. Currently with the uncertainty on FSW CEC I don't think the programs will resume anytime soon.
Many threads on this but you need a score within the parameters of the draw so 463-67. If 482, you will not get invited. You need to figure out how to lower your score.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Jez, I never understand illogical decision on this but thanks
OINP always has had these parameters and scores. I guess it is because when FSW was ongoing, it allowed them to nominate those who wouldn’t be nominated through FSW. Now with no FSW, people are looking at how to decrease their score to fit OINP draws. You can read through the various threads but some are redoing IELTS for lowering score or if married, having the spouse listed as unaccompanying. Look at different PNP programs like SINP and AINP.

aspiring123

Dec 13, 2021
OINP always has had these parameters and scores. I guess it is because when FSW was ongoing, it allowed them to nominate those who wouldn’t be nominated through FSW. Now with no FSW, people are looking at how to decrease their score to fit OINP draws. You can read through the various threads but some are redoing IELTS for lowering score or if married, having the spouse listed as unaccompanying. Look at different PNP programs like SINP and AINP.
Thanks for the insight, that's why I don't understand the irrational decision for being less competitive in order to be competitive

llbpune

Oct 9, 2021
My CRS is 456 and I have seen in past OINP invited to people about 455 to 470. Though, I am not very sure if my understanding is correct.
Do I stand a chance to receive ITA with above score for NOC 2172??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My CRS is 456 and I have seen in past OINP invited to people about 455 to 470. Though, I am not very sure if my understanding is correct.
Do I stand a chance to receive ITA with above score for NOC 2172??
If there is a draw with your CRS score then yes. No one can tell you what CRS ranges will be for the next draws.

soh.aa

Jan 11, 2021
If i want to lower my CRS score, there is a catch that I won't be considered for EE. Also, isn't it against the rule or something? I am just thinking, It wont be a problem in future in any immigration if I remove my work experience. Kindly advise. Thanks