+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online WP Application goes beyond the processing times. What do I do? Pls help..

joseallan

Apr 19, 2012
Hi! Thanks there is a forum like this. I hope someone can help me on my situation.

I applied online for new work permit last March 11 and the processing times per website was only 13 days. I was expecting to receive my new work permit on the 3rd or 4th week of March. But up to now, there's no decision on my application. When I was calling the Vegreville Call Center, they always tell me that no decision yet and that I call after a week. My application is more than one month now, and I am a bothered because I have already resigned from my previous work on March 10 on the thought that I will get my new work permit pretty soon, which did not happen.

Here's the catch. I was thinking of the problem regarding my application why it's taking too long, and then I realized when I applied online I indicated the details for current work the details of my resigned job. Only to realize that it is no longer valid because I resigned March 10 and applied online March 11, which means I was already out of status, am I right?

My questions are:

1) How come Vegreville does not decide yet on my application? It could just write a letter that my application is denied so that I can figure out what's next to do.

2) Can I just re-apply online for new work permit with restoration even there's a pending application? But what if I re-applied then it's approved, then the previous application is denied, which will prevail?

3) Any idea of the best thing that I can do? Please help...

I will appreciate your comments on this. Thanks..

joseallan

Apr 19, 2012
Another thing, Sir or Ma'am, does resignation mean out of status, too? E.g. my existing work permit expiry is August 27, 2012, then I resigned March 10, 2012. Am I considered out of status? or I can stay until August 27, 2012 plus 90 days for restoration?

Thanks.

Aman82

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
joseallan said:
Hi! Thanks there is a forum like this. I hope someone can help me on my situation.

I applied online for new work permit last March 11 and the processing times per website was only 13 days. I was expecting to receive my new work permit on the 3rd or 4th week of March. But up to now, there's no decision on my application. When I was calling the Vegreville Call Center, they always tell me that no decision yet and that I call after a week. My application is more than one month now, and I am a bothered because I have already resigned from my previous work on March 10 on the thought that I will get my new work permit pretty soon, which did not happen.

Here's the catch. I was thinking of the problem regarding my application why it's taking too long, and then I realized when I applied online I indicated the details for current work the details of my resigned job. Only to realize that it is no longer valid because I resigned March 10 and applied online March 11, which means I was already out of status, am I right?

My questions are:

1) How come Vegreville does not decide yet on my application? It could just write a letter that my application is denied so that I can figure out what's next to do.

2) Can I just re-apply online for new work permit with restoration even there's a pending application? But what if I re-applied then it's approved, then the previous application is denied, which will prevail?

3) Any idea of the best thing that I can do? Please help...

I will appreciate your comments on this. Thanks..
Hi, i was too applied online but it takes 3 Months not 13 days.

jass_virgoan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
06-05-2012
AOR Received.
01-08-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
ALREADY IN CANADA
You are not out of status since your work permit is still valid except if the work permit was bound with your previous employer.

You can work as long as your work permit has not expired and also why are you worrying even if they havnt replied back since you will be on "implied status" but yes you need to keep checking it before your WP expires.

One more thing you have to update CIC that you have alreadty resigned your previous job so that they don;t think that you have provided wrong info to them . Please note : you have to update CIC about everything that changes about your status.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Jass