+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online WP Application. File moves to Local Visa office or process in Canada ?

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello ,

Few days ago I applied for Work Permit using Online Application Process through MyCIC account and got my File Number next day. I am currently living in India.

Actually I want to understand the approximate time it will take to process this application. Whether online application process follows the timelines given for Online Applications in Canada ( 78 days as of today ) or it follows the timelines for Country specific ( New Delhi ) visa office.

If you are aware then can you please share what is the next step after Online WP Application. Whether online file moves to Local Visa office or is processed from within Canada ? Are all the medicals / PCC are sent to Canada office or to Local visa office where applicant is residing ( New Delhi in my case ) ?

Thanks

Pro_Public

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Since, Dec.15, 2012, online application for WP will be centralized. Your application will be assigned to whichever visa processing office that has capacityto deal with it.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Pro_Public ,

Thank you very much for sharing this info. Because after applying online I just got File numbers the very next day, which I believe was system generated Message.

After that there was no communication regarding medicals request till today , so I was wondering if it will take 78 days or it will follow the time lines for New Delhi office which is 1 month as of today.

Actually I was thinking when to give notice to my current employer / search for new job in Canada if my WP is successfully approved by CIC.