+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Visa Application

ayang85

May 22, 2014
Hello friends,
OI would be applying for a study permit to Canada. I have been accepted by the department of graduate studies in chemistry at the University of Victoria with a full funding of about CS$24,000 per annum.
Now, I have taken the TOEFL and my admission to the program has been based on my TOEFL scores. I have completed M.Sc. in India with about 70% (1st. class) from one of the most reputed universities in India.
I had been to the United States previously to conduct doctoral studies, but had to discontinue from the course following a severe family mishap. I had no criminal records against me in the U.S.
Now, I want to apply for the Visa online, but I have a few questions related to that. I would be really glad if any of you can help me with these.
1) What are the documents required for online application?
2) What about the pictures?
3) What should I say about my funding? Do i just include the offer letter, wherein the funding has been mentioned clearly, or should I write a note (in pdf format with the offer letter enclosed) mentioning that the funding for my course will be paid by the department and there are chances of increasing that funding based on my performance in the department?
4) What do I do about my stay in the USA? I cannot hide it, as it will be reflected in my passport and I dnt want to hide it either? Should I write a note (pdf) mentioning my reasons of leaving the graduate studies? Offcourse, I have to mention about the family mishap then. In that event, would it be a good idea to enclose a copy of the offer letter from my university in the US to show that I will be a good candidate for graduate studies?
5) Should I include my TOEFL scores as a pdf?
6) Is it advisable to write a SOP mentioning why I want to conduct graduate studies at Canada? I see here that a lot of visas get rejected because the VO isnt convinced that the candidate would return to India after completion of the degree. In that event, should i mention in the SOP how the phd degree would be beneficial in conducting good academic or industrial research at India? Moroever, I can talk about the prospects of chemical and pharmaceutical industries at India and how MNCs are increasing their manpower and projects in iNDIA.
I havent taken the pre-med, but I will mention that I will take it when required.
Please advise me friends.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

ayang85 said:
Hello friends,
OI would be applying for a study permit to Canada. I have been accepted by the department of graduate studies in chemistry at the University of Victoria with a full funding of about CS$24,000 per annum.
Now, I have taken the TOEFL and my admission to the program has been based on my TOEFL scores. I have completed M.Sc. in India with about 70% (1st. class) from one of the most reputed universities in India.
I had been to the United States previously to conduct doctoral studies, but had to discontinue from the course following a severe family mishap. I had no criminal records against me in the U.S.
Now, I want to apply for the Visa online, but I have a few questions related to that. I would be really glad if any of you can help me with these.
3) What should I say about my funding? Do i just include the offer letter, wherein the funding has been mentioned clearly, or should I write a note (in pdf format with the offer letter enclosed) mentioning that the funding for my course will be paid by the department and there are chances of increasing that funding based on my performance in the department?
4) What do I do about my stay in the USA? I cannot hide it, as it will be reflected in my passport and I dnt want to hide it either? Should I write a note (pdf) mentioning my reasons of leaving the graduate studies? Offcourse, I have to mention about the family mishap then. In that event, would it be a good idea to enclose a copy of the offer letter from my university in the US to show that I will be a good candidate for graduate studies?
6) Is it advisable to write a SOP mentioning why I want to conduct graduate studies at Canada? I see here that a lot of visas get rejected because the VO isnt convinced that the candidate would return to India after completion of the degree. In that event, should i mention in the SOP how the phd degree would be beneficial in conducting good academic or industrial research at India? Moroever, I can talk about the prospects of chemical and pharmaceutical industries at India and how MNCs are increasing their manpower and projects in iNDIA.
I havent taken the pre-med, but I will mention that I will take it when required.
1. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/forms_study-formulaires_etude.aspx?lang=eng
2. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/photospecs-e.pdf
3. Just include the offer letter wherein funding has been stated.
4. Mention it on the form. You do not have to tell the whole story.
5. Yes.
6. Useless.
7. Pre-Med will help you save time.

Pinkdagger

May 25, 2014
You can add all these to the platform where it says letter of explanation, its optional, but you can add why you need the visa and so on

dok

Apr 20, 2014
ayang85 said:
Hello friends,
Please spare people of their precious time.
I suppose almost all your questions here have been addressed in this forum where you posted previously seeking for advise:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/general-study-permit-for-canada-need-help-t201528.15.html

You cannot hide your studies which took place in the USA. Besides, if you completed a semester/term, you've to it indicate in on form. It's necessary to submit a incomplete academic transcript or even a recommendation letter from this institution to the visa officer. Note that, if the visa officer isn't clear about what took place during your terminated doctoral studies in the USA, they might be forced to believe that you're not a genuine student. If there was a problem with your family, then why didn't you defer this program? It's always possible to defer programs in certian circumstances. Or your family problems were financial? Were you awarded scholarship for the doctoral study in USA? If you were awarded scholarship,then your arguament about family financial problem is untenable. Visa officers look for genuine and serious students. You should provide them with all academic documents from your previous studies (including those which were not completed and add letter of explanation). Should you require an explicit advise, then state exactly why you terminated your program in the USA.