+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online PR Renewal issues

Yukoneer

Jun 14, 2021
Hi,
I am in the process of renewing my PR card though online portal (https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login). I was able to complete the IMM5444 but while trying to upload a photo, it gets stuck on 'Your photo is being validated' for indefinite period of time. I have ensured that all the photo requirements (size, type etc.) are met.
Moreover, in the Supporting documents section when I try to upload my passport, a technical error message keeps popping up. This has been happening for the past 2-3 days.
Has anybody else faced this issue? Any suggestions on way forward.

Thank you.

istanbizmir

Dec 28, 2017
Hi, sorry I don't have a solution but wanted to ask how did you do with the photos? Did you get a front and back photos scanned or provided by the studio and you uploaded them in one file?

ck85

Apr 9, 2013
Hi - What is the total fees to submit. Is it $ 50 ? Also, do we pay it first and then upload receipt ? Thank you.

ck85

Apr 9, 2013
On the passport document, could it because of the size of the pdf. Try compressing and uploading.

Yukoneer

Jun 14, 2021
Hi, sorry I don't have a solution but wanted to ask how did you do with the photos? Did you get a front and back photos scanned or provided by the studio and you uploaded them in one file?
Hi, apologies for late response. Just in case you (or anybody else needs it), since it was giving me problems on the studio provided digital photo, I scanned the actual photo (front and back separate) and uploaded them. You should not combine them as the system wants them separately uploaded. Hope that helps

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Hi, apologies for late response. Just in case you (or anybody else needs it), since it was giving me problems on the studio provided digital photo, I scanned the actual photo (front and back separate) and uploaded them. You should not combine them as the system wants them separately uploaded. Hope that helps
Using the portal, were you able to put any of your same day trips down for your travel history?(if you had any). It is not allowing me to add a trip with the same departure and arrival date.

Yukoneer

Jun 14, 2021
Using the portal, were you able to put any of your same day trips down for your travel history?(if you had any). It is not allowing me to add a trip with the same departure and arrival date.
No I didn't have any same day trips so I didn't face such issue. That said, I guess you can put return day as next day to avoid this issue. The only downside I could see is that you will lose 1 day towards the requirement. If there are not many, it shouldn't be an issue

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
No I didn't have any same day trips so I didn't face such issue. That said, I guess you can put return day as next day to avoid this issue. The only downside I could see is that you will lose 1 day towards the requirement. If there are not many, it shouldn't be an issue
same day trips actually don't count as time out of Canada

Reactions: Ponga

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As @jeff198901 has pointed out, day trips (or even overnight trips) do not count in terms of days outside of Canada. You leave Canada early Saturday morning and return late Sunday night, but those 2 days still count as full days in Canada, but...when applying for PR card renewal, IRCC asks the PR to list all absences from Canada, including trips to the U.S., so they need to be included in the Travel History section of the renewal application.

Reactions: armoured

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
A member posted that he can enter same day trip in the paper form application. But not in the online application.

We did include all day trips in the PR renewal application and citizenship application. But they were both paper based application back then.

Reactions: armoured

dishant1994

Aug 28, 2018
I am having same issue, should i just enter it as one day for the day trips to usa??