+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online or Paper based Visa application. Which is better?

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends,

I am planning to apply for my visa in General category.
Which mode of visa processing should I opt for? Online or Paper based?

Kindly help those who have already received their visa or have started their processing.

Thanks

jassver

Apr 25, 2014
frnd,,,i suggest u to apply paper based application because i have applied online based on 20th march and still waiting for their response , my college batch also got missed..So be careful to take this decision

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jassver said:
frnd,,,i suggest u to apply paper based application because i have applied online based on 20th march and still waiting for their response , my college batch also got missed..So be careful to take this decision
Thanks a lot for replying jassver!
I am sorry for what happened. Is there no way you can track your application?

Did you apply in General category or SPP?

yasiralam10

Star Member
Jun 2, 2008
Visa Office......
PNP Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18th 2016
Doc's Request.
August 18th 2016
Nomination.....
Sep 12th 2016
AOR Received.
June 1st 2016
binjoy said:
Anybody else???
Depends on the country you live in. I would recommend Online as you will get to keep the passport till the ask you to send it for getting stamp. This way you will get more updates in the process. I applied paper based and there are no updates until i get my stamped passport back.

Paper based application is scanned at embassy which makes it longer to process at the end. You can look at a spreadsheet for last year applications to get a better picture to processing times with exact dates.

Winter 2013 spreadsheet

(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmMSwCLwuHF_dHU0QklKNXV4Tk5KRTJCZFVWbWRMYmc&usp=drive_web#gid=0)

0xFF

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Insha'ALLAH soon
Passport Req..
Insha'ALLAH soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha'ALLAH soon
LANDED..........
Insha'ALLAH soon
yasiralam10 said:
Depends on the country you live in. I would recommend Online as you will get to keep the passport till the ask you to send it for getting stamp. This way you will get more updates in the process. I applied paper based and there are no updates until i get my stamped passport back.
/
Paper based application is scanned at embassy which makes it longer to process at the end. You can look at a spreadsheet for last year applications to get a better picture to processing times with exact dates.

Winter 2013 spreadsheet

(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmMSwCLwuHF_dHU0QklKNXV4Tk5KRTJCZFVWbWRMYmc&usp=drive_web#gid=0)
While applying online, do we need to submit the Scanned copies of our documents ? or do we need to send the original documents ?

jassver

Apr 25, 2014
its ok binjoy,,,,,,,i was in applied in general category because first time my application was refused with SPP. ... I also track my appication regularly but embassy is not make any change in that ,,,,,,from the first day of applied my file , still appears file is underprocessed.

yasiralam10

Star Member
Jun 2, 2008
Visa Office......
PNP Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18th 2016
Doc's Request.
August 18th 2016
Nomination.....
Sep 12th 2016
AOR Received.
June 1st 2016
0xFF said:
While applying online, do we need to submit the Scanned copies of our documents ? or do we need to send the original documents ?
Only scanned copies

0xFF

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Insha'ALLAH soon
Passport Req..
Insha'ALLAH soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha'ALLAH soon
LANDED..........
Insha'ALLAH soon
yasiralam10 said:
Only scanned copies
Thank you very much, So i don't need to send all those Original documents to the embassy :D ????
Can you guide me where to start the online process ?
I shall be very thankful to you for any favor.

0xFF

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Insha'ALLAH soon
Passport Req..
Insha'ALLAH soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha'ALLAH soon
LANDED..........
Insha'ALLAH soon
jassver said:
Where are you from ?
Has your medical done ?

fazeel

Jan 26, 2011
Pakistan
jassver said:
its ok binjoy,,,,,,,i was in applied in general category because first time my application was refused with SPP. ... I also track my appication regularly but embassy is not make any change in that ,,,,,,from the first day of applied my file , still appears file is underprocessed.
Dear what is general catagory and what is SPP? Please guide

fazeel

Jan 26, 2011
Pakistan
Regina said:
CIC says on line applications are processed faster. But , of course, it depends on your "biography": the more complicated it is - the longer it takes to process.
Dear Regina, what is general catagory and what is
SPP? Please guide
Re