+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online file status

Jimmy4u

Jul 18, 2019
Hi I’m protected person apply for PR in 2023 but when I check online status of my file. It show following message. I try all options
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

• Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
Hi I’m protected person apply for PR in 2023 but when I check online status of my file. It show following message. I try all options
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

• Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

-If you have the AOR you probably can check it online. Try 1 person in the number of applicants even if are more than one.
-If not have AOR yet it wont appear because they are not working yet in your file.
-If you have AOR and you cant link it could happen if you have a representative, a lawyer.

Littlebeee

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
Tips on linking your application
- make sure you name is in all CAPS
- your city as to be Toronto if you applied there(eg even if you put north York as you address it’s Toronto)
- always but the applicant as 1
I was finding it hard to link mine but when I called the IRCC agent this want he told me

Jimmy4u

Jul 18, 2019
But I can’t link it because I have representative. Is any other way to check status. Or can my lawyer link my application.