+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONE YEAR POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA DEPENDENT OWP

pooja91

Mar 21, 2014
Hi,
i am planning to apply for my one year Post Graduate diploma ,i have a small baby & i have bring my husband as my dependent ? is he allowed to work ,i heard that only if i do masters for 2 years the dependent can work is that true? for one year diploma its not available , i have only 15 years of education i can't apply for my masters it requires a 16 years full time education , once i done with my diploma i have planned to do my Masters also please help me
thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pooja91 said:
Hi,
i am planning to apply for my one year Post Graduate diploma ,i have a small baby & i have bring my husband as my dependent ? is he allowed to work ,i heard that only if i do masters for 2 years the dependent can work is that true? for one year diploma its not available , i have only 15 years of education i can't apply for my masters it requires a 16 years full time education , once i done with my diploma i have planned to do my Masters also please help me
thanks
1. If the school is one of the participating ones: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp then he can apply for a SOWP.
2. Note that you will have to show sufficient settlement funds for a family of 3 $17K
3. If he is from a Non visa exempt country, there is no guarantee that he will be issue a TRV to come to Canada.