+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

one time travel document (PRTD)

india001

Nov 9, 2015
I got skill worker category immigration visa in year 2011 for self, wife, daughter. we had 2-3 trips to Canada but could not settle down due mother sickness and finally came down in July,2014. We even could not complete 730 days and were in Canada for roughly 50-60 days. Now my sister is ready to take care of my mother. Can we apply for one time travel document (PRTD) under humanitarian condition because of mother sickness. We can not apply for fast track scheme since I am 54 yrs old, soon going to be 55 this month and wife is 54 yrs old. Our PR card was expired in October,2016 and we did not travel Canada since July,2014

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I got skill worker category immigration visa in year 2011 for self, wife, daughter. we had 2-3 trips to Canada but could not settle down due mother sickness and finally came down in July,2014. We even could not complete 730 days and were in Canada for roughly 50-60 days. Now my sister is ready to take care of my mother. Can we apply for one time travel document (PRTD) under humanitarian condition because of mother sickness. We can not apply for fast track scheme since I am 54 yrs old, soon going to be 55 this month and wife is 54 yrs old. Our PR card was expired in October,2016 and we did not travel Canada since July,2014
You can apply for PRTD with whatever reasons you muster. Or you could cross at land border (ie through USA) and take your chances there.

Either way, though, objectively your chances are poor of being granted the PRTD or being allowed in at border without being reported. If you haven't set foot in Canada in ~five years and barely resided before, they are not likely to accept that whatever reasons you have for not having actually lived in Canada since landing ten years ago are convincing.

No harm in trying but be realistic.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Based on your previous posts it doesn’t look like your mother in and out of hospital and had such severe medical needs that she needed you to be her caregiver to deal with her medical needs and basic needs. You indicated she was diabetic and had high blood pressure. For H&C consideration for PRTD you need to be showing that medical needs are so severe that she couldn’t be left alone and she had no family in India. You also mentioned that your family did not like Canada. The transition at 55 years old will be much more difficult career wise. It may have already been difficult at 45. Engineering jobs in the aviation sector are pretty limited and there have been some major layoffs so finding a job may be difficult.