+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One or round trip way air tickets for super visa holder?

didi80

May 4, 2012
Hi everyone,

My mom just got her PG-1 super visa. I am arranging her air tickets. She flies from Ashgabat (Turkmenistan) to Moscow (Russia) and then Moscow-Toronto. I havfe called my travel agent to book the tickets for the month of June of this year, and she told me that we need to buy 2 ways tickets as my mom will have problems at the port of entry to Canada. If her stay is for 2 years, then why do we need 2 ways tickets? My question would be: Should be buy just one way tickets Ashgabat-Moscow, Moscow-Toronto? Will my mom be refused to land in Canada? Thank you.

Dollars.jp

Apr 25, 2012
Always get round trip tickets. The one time I got a round trip ticket was honestly the easiest time I have ever had at customs. Not having a return ticket is an absolute nightmare, and in my case my visa was given substantially less time than I thought I would get because I didn't prove that I was going to leave. It was only my second time visiting, and it was literally last second as my girlfriend was in the hospital with a life-threatening condition, so I did not have time to book the return tickets or to prepare documents showing that I had intent to return to my country.