Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

This is my friend's situation here:

I came to Toronto in January 2006

I went to EF school for 7 months, I started Seneca college 2007 I took English course to qualify for marketing course I did 2 years marketing till 2010, I realized that school was not my best option so I drooped it. In the year of 2010 I decided to start my own business, I did network marketing and entrepreneurship (without registering my business) I am looking foreword stay in Canada so I need help to get my statue fixed, either Work Permit or PR of possible. I am still on study permit.

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Things are looking pretty bleak...

You can't register a business in Canada without having a Canadian partner. You should consult with a lawyer if you want to try registering. Note that starting a business won't allow you to apply for a work permit and stay in Canada. So I don't see the point in registering the business because you have bigger problems on your hands.

If I understand correctly, you stopped attending school in 2010. This means you have been in Canada illegally for four years since to remain in Canada on a study permit, you must actually be studying full time. You've also engaged in illegal work. Starting June 1st, CIC is going to start cracking down on individuals who remain in Canada on study permits without studying and will be forcing them to leave the country.

I don't see any way you can convert your illegal work to legal work, deal with your illegal status, and remain in Canada. Instead, I think there's several things you've done that will likely mean you have to leave Canada and will have trouble returning in the future.

If you really want to have a future in Canada, you should leave Canda now on your own before CIC catches up to you and then obtain a work permit from outside of Canada by finding an employer in Canada who is willing to offer you a full time job.

Dreamlandvisa

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Things are looking pretty bleak...

You can't register a business in Canada without having a Canadian partner. You should consult with a lawyer if you want to try registering. Note that starting a business won't allow you to apply for a work permit and stay in Canada. So I don't see the point in registering the business because you have bigger problems on your hands.

If I understand correctly, you stopped attending school in 2010. This means you have been in Canada illegally for four years since to remain in Canada on a study permit, you must actually be studying full time. You've also engaged in illegal work. Starting June 1st, CIC is going to start cracking down on individuals who remain in Canada on study permits without studying and will be forcing them to leave the country.

I don't see any way you can convert your illegal work to legal work, deal with your illegal status, and remain in Canada. Instead, I think there's several things you've done that will likely mean you have to leave Canada and will have trouble returning in the future.

If you really want to have a future in Canada, you should leave Canda now on your own before CIC catches up to you and then obtain a work permit from outside of Canada by finding an employer in Canada who is willing to offer you a full time job.

Thanks a lot.