+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

On Apartment Rentals

mitej65

Aug 16, 2010
Hi,

I'm quite confused to some terms used in apartment rentals.

What does "hydro not included" means. I know that hydro is electricity powered by water. But sometimes in the ad it says "hydro not included (heat and water)" then sometimes an ad says "hydro not incluced, hot water and heater included"...confusing.

My family is migrating to canada this coming May or June and at this early in time we're already scouting for an apartment open for rental in ottawa.

Thanks so much in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hydro means electricity. If you see "hydro not included", this means that you have to pay for your electricity use separately. "Hydro not included, water included" means that your water usage is included as part of the rent but you have to pay for your electricity usage separately. Hope this helps. (And yes, I agree it's confusing.)

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mitej65 said:
Hi,

I'm quite confused to some terms used in apartment rentals.

What does "hydro not included" means. I know that hydro is electricity powered by water. But sometimes in the ad it says "hydro not included (heat and water)" then sometimes an ad says "hydro not incluced, hot water and heater included"...confusing.

My family is migrating to canada this coming May or June and at this early in time we're already scouting for an apartment open for rental in ottawa.

Thanks so much in advance.
What area of Ottawa?

Be aware that around that time there are a lot of places starting to taken up by students.

mitej65

Aug 16, 2010
Baloo,

No particular area yet and I'm still scouting.

Do you have any suggestions where it is a family friendly environment?

I have a family with 3 kids and our budget is limited. :)

Thanks in advance.

brgds

Felix07Richerd

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Selection of rental apartments is always typical if you are choosing first time :p but time to time could be have habit and easily can find ;D

devv

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The first time I got the Canada the whole task of finding an accessible apartment, settle and get used to the area was a bit overwhelming for me. I eventually managed everything with the help of Internet. I scouted for apartment rentals online and it didn't take too long to find the place I needed. I can't say it worked smoothly getting my bank account active, I also had a lot of paper work to complete at the embassy as well so I suggest you guys to stay prepared for that. Once you're done with these you get your peace back.