+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP's Employer Job Offer, Median wage

Rainbow 68

Jan 23, 2024
Hi,guys!

" OINP selected my Expression of Interest (EOI) a few day ago , and I received an invitation to apply to the OINP’s Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream.

Currently, I'm working with a salary below the median wage.

My current salary is $42.5, while the median wage in the Toronto region is $45.

I'm wondering if my employer changes my salary to the median wage in the employer letter and job offer, will I still be at risk of refusal?"

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Are you talking about getting an official salary raised to the median wage or are you expecting your employer to "lie" in the employment letter and put a different wage from the actual one? If you go for the second one, I highly doubt an employer would do that. Also, you need to provide paystubs and this will give out your real wage.

Rainbow 68

Jan 23, 2024
Thank you for your prompt response. Currently, I am in negotiations with HR to increase my salary to align with the median wage. My question is: If my employer agrees to raise my salary moving forward, would there be any issues with the OINP?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I don't believe that should be an issue. When you submit your paperwork, your letter of employment must state your current wage. The original contract will have your wage when you were hired. The only issue I find is that your last paystub probably won't have the latest wage. I would advice to include this in an explanation letter. And even, if possible, include a letter from the company stating that they raised your wage just recently.

Rainbow 68

Jan 23, 2024
"Thank you for your assistance. I have one more question: In the Job Bank, is Mississauga considered part of the Toronto Region or Ontario as a whole?"