+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oinp minimum wage level

abel199510

Jul 17, 2023
Hi,
I have submitted my file for oinp under international student stream. On may 16th
And now i have noticed that my wage is 21cad per hr and the minimum wage in ontario for my noc 21311 is 25.9. Is that an issue for rejecting my oinp profile.
Can i change my noc to another if my application got rejected.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi,
I have submitted my file for oinp under international student stream. On may 16th
And now i have noticed that my wage is 21cad per hr and the minimum wage in ontario for my noc 21311 is 25.9. Is that an issue for rejecting my oinp profile.
Can i change my noc to another if my application got rejected.
Yes, it is going to be an issue.

As per the OINP website:

3. Low wage level
The pay of the job offered must meet or be higher than the low wage level, for that occupation, in the specific region of Ontario where you will be working. To find the low wage, go to the Job Bank website. Enter the occupation title and NOC code of the job offer into the occupation search. Then enter the location where you will be working into the filter search. Refer to the low wage level listed on the chart.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-international-student-stream#section-2

IIRC, I was even required to have at least a median level wage for my position.

You can change your NOC, but AFAIK, you have to create a new OINP profile.

Naren S

Mar 16, 2021
Yes, it is going to be an issue.

As per the OINP website:

3. Low wage level
The pay of the job offered must meet or be higher than the low wage level, for that occupation, in the specific region of Ontario where you will be working. To find the low wage, go to the Job Bank website. Enter the occupation title and NOC code of the job offer into the occupation search. Then enter the location where you will be working into the filter search. Refer to the low wage level listed on the chart.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-international-student-stream#section-2

IIRC, I was even required to have at least a median level wage for my position.

You can change your NOC, but AFAIK, you have to create a new OINP profile.

Same for my case too. My initial salary was around 16.6/hr for NOC 21232 with low wage as 25/hr.
Currently its been one year since I started work my salary hiked to 26.4/hr.
What do i need to mention in newly generated offer letter mention my new salary? or with old one and mention the new salary as hike/promotion?