+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Stream - No offer letter and WP is less than one year

Kcirima

Jan 6, 2024
Hello everyone, I've recently received a PNP nomination and am now awaiting an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residency. However, my company has not provided an offer letter. Instead, for the PNP application, I included reference letters from my colleagues. My work permit is set to expire in February 2025, which is less than one year from now. I'm concerned if my application for permanent residency could be rejected due to the absence of an offer letter or a work permit valid for more than one year. Is there any truth to this requirement?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone, I've recently received a PNP nomination and am now awaiting an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residency. However, my company has not provided an offer letter. Instead, for the PNP application, I included reference letters from my colleagues. My work permit is set to expire in February 2025, which is less than one year from now. I'm concerned if my application for permanent residency could be rejected due to the absence of an offer letter or a work permit valid for more than one year. Is there any truth to this requirement?
HCP stream doesn’t require job offer letter.

Kcirima

Jan 6, 2024
So if counting 50 points and IRCC asks for updated letter from company, you will have to provide it. Will not know until PR application under review.
Thank you; one more thing , I already have a 600 points from PNP even though I need to submit an offer letter ? instead of offer letter, shall I provide a reference letter from Manager with attestation and also employment confirmation letter. Is that sufficient?