+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OIHP requirement - My lease and Bank account have different addresses

marketstudent1

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Hi all,

I plan to apply for OIHP right after my quarantine.

I did a soft landing couple of years back and therefore my bank address has my friends address kn Toronto.

I'm not shifting to Brampton and the lease agreement has my name and brampton address.

Could you let me know if OIHP can accept both the proofs? Or will it be a problem if both have different addresses.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

I did a soft landing couple of years back and therefore my bank address has my friends address kn Toronto.

I'm not shifting to Brampton and the lease agreement has my name and brampton address.

Could you let me know if OIHP can accept both the proofs? Or will it be a problem if both have different addresses.
You need to be providing your current address not your friend's address. The address associated with your ohip card is extremely important.

marketstudent1

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Thanks. Yes, I will be showing my current address.

But do they require both the proofs - Bank account and Rental to be in the same address?

Should I initiate the change of address for my bank account?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks. Yes, I will be showing my current address.

But do they require both the proofs - Bank account and Rental to be in the same address?

Should I initiate the change of address for my bank account?
Yes you should change your bank address to your permanent address. OHIP card address is used in emergencies to contact your family so it should be your current address.

bryndog1950

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
Hi all,

You need 3 types of documents to apply for OHIP. You need one document of each type.
1. Proof of Canadian citizenship or OHIP-eligible immigration status
2. Proof of residency in Ontario
3. Proof of identity

For proof of residency, you just need to show your lease agreement, there is no need to show your bank account statement.

More details here:
https://www.ontario.ca/page/documents-needed-get-health-card