+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OHIP and date of arrival

thelummie

May 12, 2012
Hi there,
I have received two different responses to this when I have spoken to officials with government workers so I thought if anyone else might be able to help.

I just returned to Toronto and have got a bank account setup but was told I need my monthly statement before I can prove my residency requirements. The one question I did have left was about the date of taking residence in Ontario. On the phone a representative informed me that I could use my plane ticket into Toronto to establish my date of taking residence in Ontario. Another person I spoke to said they just take whatever date you put on the form as the date you established residence. I would be inclined to believe the former but just wanted to know if that will prove my residence date?

The main reason I ask is I know with the 3 month stand down period and having to wait for a monthly statement to prove my residency I just want to make sure I dont have to wait longer than the 3 months to get my health insurance to kick in.

Thanks for any advice

bally21

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Northern Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2012
LANDED..........
28-07-2012
You can use your plane ticket! And it's backdated so it'll start 3 months after the date of your plane ticket!!