+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Offer letter is Real or Fake? - Canada please help

Mar 28, 2020
Hello All,

I need a favor from anyone in the Forum. Recently after couple of emails and a final phone call, I received the appointment letter and other required documents sent by the Employer. Please let me know how to confirm if it is real or fake. Kindly suggest how to check it.

Documents received from HR:
1. ESDC
2. Dept of labor Canada
3. Appointment letter
4. Immigration Authorization
5.LMIA

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You need to share the job offer letter here for anyone to comment. Scammers are experts at faking everything and it is very unlikely any genuine employer is recruiting anyone internationaly due to the pandemic

General rule if they offer any one of flights, accommodation or food then will be fake. Also if a job in any one of hotels, construction, supermarkets or oil/gas will be fake

Reactions: Anand Amirthalingam
Mar 28, 2020
Additional information as i'm not able to attach any images or links from my Laptop.. Kindly check and let me know if its fake.

Employer ID: #996067**
Employer Name: Pieridae Energy Limited
Third party name for Dept of labor Canada: Barrister Lydia Stam
Third Party ID#: 99613XX
Canadian Service Center: 5761-Foreign Worker
Recruitment Branch: #245673 Calgary Alberta.
NOC Code & Title: 74842- Pieridae Energy
Job Reference: CAN-/PC316-5VGX/PEC/CA/049CA
Regulatory body: This occupation is not regulated
TRAVEL AND TRANSPORTATION:
A. The Employee shall pay for the cost of Visa and travel document expenses for
employment from his/her home country to prove his or her seriousness and
commitment of working with our reputable organization, as soon as he/she resumes
work in Canada the Employer shall refund the expenses as he/she submits the
expenses report to the management. The Employer will be responsible for Employee
Air Ticket from his/her location to Canada [family members inclusive] after the
company receives evidence of completion of Visa registration.

Thank you
Anand

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So where did you get this job offer from given as soon as anyone uses this terminology 'Third party name for Dept of labor Canada: Barrister' with a specific name it often indicates something not right. What email addresses have been used in communicating with you have they been from an actual company email address ?.

see here also

https://www.stop419scams.com/viewtopic.php?t=9693

Generally oil/gas/energy job offers tend to be fake although there are always some exceptions but the fakes all generally have the same wording. add to that any genuine company would in the current situation be putting a recruitment freeze on all recruitment until further notice

Mar 28, 2020
1. Third party name for Dept of labor Canada: Barrister' with a specific name it often?
Ans: Person has attached all the documents which are digitally signed by the authorized person and a official seal as well. This 3rd party name as well.
2. What email addresses have been used in communicating with you have they been from an actual company email address ?1.
Ans: I have doubt regarding the same, it was Enquiry@Pieridaeenergyltd.com. Whereas, email addresses on the site ends with "@PieridaeEnergy.com"

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Additional information as i'm not able to attach any images or links from my Laptop.. Kindly check and let me know if its fake.

commitment of working with our reputable organization, as soon as he/she resumes
expenses report to the management. The Employer will be responsible for Employee

Thank you
Anand
It's a scam. No chance this is real.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
1. Third party name for Dept of labor Canada: Barrister' with a specific name it often?
Ans: Person has attached all the documents which are digitally signed by the authorized person and a official seal as well. This 3rd party name as well.
2. What email addresses have been used in communicating with you have they been from an actual company email address ?1.
Ans: I have doubt regarding the same, it was Enquiry@Pieridaeenergyltd.com. Whereas, email addresses on the site ends with "@PieridaeEnergy.com"
There you are for sure is a scam given that email domain only set up last December. Same as a specific IRCC contact name for immigration would not happen. The lawyer name is a real one the scammers have picked on and she operates out of Thunder Bay but doubt she has anything to do with this at all they are just using her name which if she knew she would be pretty angry.

Scammers can be very convincing with fake documents created from genuine ones where people have been stupid and sent them copies plus they also create cloned phone numbers to look as they are calling from where they pretend to be.

Do not share copies any documents or pay any money

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

Thank you
Anand
Adding that I’d be HIGHLY suspicious of ANY job offers in the oil & gas industry from Alberta . The whole province was depressed earlier, now with the virus, it’s in a freefall

kitz007

Apr 2, 2020
Hi Everyone, Just FYI. I also received beow email from the email ID. To me it seems SPAM. I generally keep receiving such emails for Job from US, Canada & UK spcifically.

HIRING FOR JUNE & JULY 2020 EMPLOYMENT

Mrs Sathish Reddy <mrssathishreddy@daum.net>
11:03 AM (5 hours ago)

to enquiry

YOUR CV / RESUME IS NEEDED AT PIERIDAE ENERGY.

SEND YOUR CV / RESUME TO: enquiry@pieridaeenergyltd.com

In Confirmation To Your File Submission To Monsterindia.com, Kindly Submit Your CV / Resume TO: (( enquiry@pieridaeenergyltd.com )) To Ascertain Your Eligibility For The Screening And Selection Process.

ATTENTION: SEND YOUR CV ONLY TO: (( enquiry@pieridaeenergyltd.com ))

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Everyone, Just FYI. I also received beow email from the email ID. To me it seems SPAM. I generally keep receiving such emails for Job from US, Canada & UK spcifically.

HIRING FOR JUNE & JULY 2020 EMPLOYMENT

Mrs Sathish Reddy <mrssathishreddy@daum.net>
11:03 AM (5 hours ago)
to enquiry

YOUR CV / RESUME IS NEEDED AT PIERIDAE ENERGY.

SEND YOUR CV / RESUME TO: enquiry@pieridaeenergyltd.com

In Confirmation To Your File Submission To Monsterindia.com, Kindly Submit Your CV / Resume TO: (( enquiry@pieridaeenergyltd.com )) To Ascertain Your Eligibility For The Screening And Selection Process.

ATTENTION: SEND YOUR CV ONLY TO: (( enquiry@pieridaeenergyltd.com ))
Fake.

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Fun fact, using Voip technology, you can call anyone from any caller id. That's right

So anyone can call you and your caller id will show the call is coming from 202-456-1111. Incase, you didn't know that number is of white House. Not the hotel white house, the actual white house in washington DC.