+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

% of Denied applicants that are in genuine relationships? What do u think?

Boracay

Apr 5, 2011
Boracay, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He is from Nepal so that might be bonus points for us. I don't think the divorce issue will be relevant because the same questions would arise, regardless. Why were you married for just a day?
We're planning on telling the truth as its for the best....and easiest! I just hope they don't have any prejudgement's.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Why did her parents want her to marry him? (If you don't mind me asking!)

Since he's from Nepal, the VO is not going to think she married him so she could emigrate, so I think you are safe in that regard. I think if you just explain the events as you have here, the VO will believe you.

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
rjessome said:
Baloo is right that ultimately, there is no way to prove for 100% sure that a relationship is real. Sometimes there is only one person who knows whether it's real or not because with marriage fraud, there are plenty of spouses who've been duped. There are statistics available regarding passed/refused applications up to approximately April of 2010. They are downloadable in Excel spreadsheet format and various criteria can be looked at using the drop down boxes. Go here and play around.

http://www.data.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=En&n=C517024E&xsl=datacataloguesearchrenderer%2Cresult&searchoffset=1&searchdisplaycount=10&databasematch=wsforms&filtername=formtype&formtype=DD116BB0-BB54-41A5-B210-D245C0139CA9&keywords=immigration&submit=Search

Accra has been historically refusing approximately 35% of spousal sponsorship cases. That's high. The overall average of refusals in 2009 was approx. 18% which is a point or two higher than it was in the previous 2 years. That's more than 10,000 spousal sponsorship cases refused every year. Hong Kong has the highest rate of refusal, hovering at about 52%!

Here are some of the visa offices with refusal rates over the norm of 18%. These averages are approximate and based on 2009 numbers.

Accra 35%
Hong Kong 52%
Kiev 33%
Bogata 22%
Buenos Aires 33%
Kingston, Jamaica 22%
Lima 25%
Mexico City 23%
Port-au-Prince 34%
Port of Spain 45%

However, ALL offices have refused applications so no matter where your application is being processed, you MUST prove your case.

this is pretty interesting.. which file do i download??

thanks for posting :D

Boracay

Apr 5, 2011
Boracay, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianwoman said:
Why did her parents want her to marry him? (If you don't mind me asking!)

Since he's from Nepal, the VO is not going to think she married him so she could emigrate, so I think you are safe in that regard. I think if you just explain the events as you have here, the VO will believe you.
Sigh...If only I knew what goes through the minds of her parents. It's a different mentality in a Filipino village than it is. Unlike her, they've rarely encountered life in the bigger city. After she had her child, and the babies father left he during her pregnancy I think they were desperate to find someone for her to marry. Along comes a Nepalese man looking for a wife and they must've thought their problems were solved! Where they found him, we both don't know.

I don't think she really understood 100% the significance of what was going on. When she finally understood that she was to be with this man she moved out of the province to get away.

That's lucky for her I think as I don't know what kind of person that was, and lucky for me because I met a wonderful amazing woman whom I am in love with. Actually all my friends that met her agree I'm pretty lucky (they don't know her past) because they see what an amazing person she is.

Someone once suggested that we both write cover letters to the VO, stating a lot of what I mentioned above among others. Would you or anyone else recommend that also? Her English is excellent but would probably have a harder time expressing herself in written but I guess that wouldn't really score points against her.

If we did write it, what form would it be related to?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
At the end of both the Sponsor Questionnaire and the Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire (IMM 5540 and 5490) there is a statement that asks you to provide any further details of your relationship that will help prove the relationship is genuine. When people talk of writing a 'relationship letter' or a 'timeline of their relationship', this is what they are talking about.

Iamrobot85

Aug 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2010
File Transfer...
03-02-2010
Passport Req..
21-03-2011
LANDED..........
25-04-2011
My guess: 3.2% of relationships that get rejected are legitimate. Little known fact: Immigration sporadically rejects applications that they know to be genuine to put the fear of God into applicants.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iamrobot85 said:
My guess: 3.2% of relationships that get rejected are legitimate. Little known fact: Immigration sporadically rejects applications that they know to be genuine to put the fear of God into applicants.
I'm going to take that as a joke, which is how I hope it was intended.

Iamrobot85

Aug 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2010
File Transfer...
03-02-2010
Passport Req..
21-03-2011
LANDED..........
25-04-2011
lol yes it was meant to be a joke. My apologies if anyone was offended

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iamrobot85 said:
lol yes it was meant to be a joke. My apologies if anyone was offended
No offence taken. But people read these threads like they are holy scripture! I don't want anyone thinking it's true. You know how panicked people get about this stuff.