+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

5Kent

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Ottawa, ON
A bit of an update from me (the new parts are in bold). Whoever is updating the Google sheet, please update my entry.

Application type: Family (2), Paper
Application sent: October 11, 2021
Application delivered: October 20, 2021
AOR: January 15, 2022
In-process: January 17, 2022
Background verification completed: February 15, 2022
Test invite received: August 16, 2022
Test taken: August 30, 2022
Test "completed": September 12, 2022
Interview invite: July 22, 2023
Interview: August 10, 2023
LPP completed (Decision Made): August 23, 2023
Oath invitation: August 31, 2023
Oath date: September 26, 2023

Reactions: forw.jane

amirm202

Jan 12, 2022
Lpp still in progress. Application already over 24mo old. But just curious... If I'm called for a interview but I'm overseas, can I just do interview via zoom? Or need to be physically present in canada?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Lpp still in progress. Application already over 24mo old. But just curious... If I'm called for a interview but I'm overseas, can I just do interview via zoom? Or need to be physically present in canada?
Depends on what type of interview is set. If it is a physical one you would have to be present in Canada. Also if on zoom and the expect you to be in Canada for, inform them you are not in Canada and they might approve your request to take it outside Canada.

HernBh

Oct 12, 2023
Does anyone here know how the tracker behaves for the application of a Minor submitted with the parent?

In my family, all the adults have all items completed (except citizenship ceremony) and ECAS shows 'decision made'.
However, for the one minor in the family, 'Language Skills' and 'Physical Presence' are 'In Progress' and Citizenship test is 'Not Started'.
All these items do not apply to the minor (no physical presence requirement since applying with the parent).
Also, ECAS still shows 'In Process' instead of 'Decision Made'.

Does anyone know or have seen how the minor application gets to 'decision made'? Does the app-tracker show the not-applicable items as 'in progress' or 'completed' or something new such as 'Not applicable'?
Hello, we also have the same situation. Me and my husband got our citizenship certificate 2 days ago but did not receive for my daughter . I check her status in the tracker and its still in progress. Is that normal?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello, we also have the same situation. Me and my husband got our citizenship certificate 2 days ago but did not receive for my daughter . I check her status in the tracker and its still in progress. Is that normal?
Did your daughter get her oath email?

Waynerooney

Nov 17, 2023
Yeah, I called IRCC and got my application number.
Based on information from other threads, this is more likely a system glitch since the same situation happened to others as well.
Hey - I tried but they said wait for AOR. I explained the situation (same as yours) but no response. What did you say to them/what did they say issue was that helped you get the application number? Thanks!

amirm202

Jan 12, 2022
I'm an oct 2021 online applicant and just got an email for an in person interview at the Mississauga office. What do they usually ask? How long is interview usually? And from people's experiences, how long until I'll get scheduled for oath taking ceremony? TIA

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Reactions: smash1984