suhelm

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Los angeles
Dear members,

I have a specific question to ask. In my open work permit, they printed "occupation: Waiter/Worker in a restaurant" in the additional section. Whereas I am the spouse of a full-time student. it is not explicitly mentioned in the conditions that I need to work in this profession only. My current employment is in Customer Service and the company is asking why this is printed as "Waiter" in the additional sections

Please help me. I have written to IRCC about the same. Is it a mistake by the Visa officer when I entered? This should have been unknown right?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Dear members,

I have a specific question to ask. In my open work permit, they printed "occupation: Waiter/Worker in a restaurant" in the additional section. Whereas I am the spouse of a full-time student. it is not explicitly mentioned in the conditions that I need to work in this profession only. My current employment is in Customer Service and the company is asking why this is printed as "Waiter" in the additional sections

Please help me. I have written to IRCC about the same. Is it a mistake by the Visa officer when I entered? This should have been unknown right?
1. It is an OPEN work permit, which means you can work in any occupation (except those that require a medical) Doesn't matter what occupation is listed.

suhelm

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Los angeles
Hi

1. It is an OPEN work permit, which means you can work in any occupation (except those that require a medical) Doesn't matter what occupation is listed.
Thank you. I was under the same impression. But the employer is getting confused now and thinking it is an occupation restricted WP