+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Obtaining a student permit then moving to another city in 2 months... Opinions?

thenormal

Nov 22, 2009
It's a long story, anyhow I'll try to shorten it for you all.

My work permit expires in mid-November this year. In the meantime, I have been accepted to a university for a 4-year BA degree. This university is located in another province from where I live. I haven't applied for a student permit yet, and I'm supposed to begin my classes for the winter intake in early January.

One of my relative decided to help me with the money to pay tuition fees and initial expenses. He kept on stalling for many months as he was undecided whether or not helping me out, also he kept changing the amount of money he wanted to provide me with to pay for my school. The outcome is that only now he told me the exact amount of money he can give me, and it's enough to cover only one year and a half of course. I will work and study at the same time therefore I will also generate revenue, but I'm very much afraid I won't be able to make it for the entire course between tuition fees, living expenses, ect...

I'm evaluating other options in order to extend my stay in Canada longer, and also the money I have at my disposal will be enough to cover a full 4-year course for the same type of subject in another institution. Though, I'm having second thoughts whether or not give up my seat at the university I got into (the one I don't have much money for) or just apply to a different and less pricey university.

In case I decide to go ahead and try my luck with the university I already have a seat for, I would have to start the application to obtain a student visa right away, then move to another city, find a room to rent, find a job... All in almost 2 months or so.

Do you think it's doable? What are your opinions about this? Any suggestion is highly welcome.