+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Now to the next step...shuffled off to Buffalo....

Eric Parker

Star Member
Jun 26, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got word of my wife being approved as a sponsor. My application has now been sent to Buffalo, NY.

So...if I read the posts here correctly, if all goes well, my app will get sent to Seattle, WA (since I live in Portland, OR)? If there is a problem, it stays in Buffalo and I have to travel to Buffalo for an interview?

Either way, the fun really begins now.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
They don't transfer all apps to an office closer than you, it's possible Buffalo will finish the processing and that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. And you could be asked for an interview even after your app is transfered to Seattle.
There's really no assurances until the very end. Sit tight and hope for the best. Good luck! :)

dfb

Star Member
Jul 23, 2008
Mine stayed in Buffalo and was approved within a week of my receipt of the AOR, so I wouldn't assume it is going to Seattle.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Eric Parker said:
Just got word of my wife being approved as a sponsor. My application has now been sent to Buffalo, NY.

So...if I read the posts here correctly, if all goes well, my app will get sent to Seattle, WA (since I live in Portland, OR)? If there is a problem, it stays in Buffalo and I have to travel to Buffalo for an interview?

Either way, the fun really begins now.
Actually, it's the opposite. Unless there is a problem with your file (or an interview is required) your application should stay at Buffalo. Normally Buffalo only transfers a file to one of the other US consulates if 1)an interview is required, 2) there is a problem with the application, or 3) Buffalo is backlogged and they're disbursing applications to expedite processing.

Buffalo doesn't do spousal applicant interviews unless the applicant is someone whose file is staying in Buffalo because they are being processed via Buffalo (regardless of their country of origin) because they were granted temporary status in Canada valid for at least one year. US spousal applicants are processed in Buffalo as long as their case is straight forward . . . if not, then they're transferred to the consultate closest to the residential address included in their application.