+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notice of Assessment

ok123

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I am applying PR under CEC. Does anyone know if you need to submit your Notice of Assessment for every year you lived and worked in Canada, or just the year that you have qualifying work experience?

Thanks very much!

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
ok123 said:
Hi Everyone,

I am applying PR under CEC. Does anyone know if you need to submit your Notice of Assessment for every year you lived and worked in Canada, or just the year that you have qualifying work experience?

Thanks very much!
Just a year for your qualifying exp is good

ok123

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Thank you, gladaki,

Does anyone know if CIC cares about if I filed my taxes every year?

Do everyone file their taxes when they are international student and not working in Canada? I'm not sure if I was obligated to file taxes if I didn't have a SIN as an international student, and not working either. I did receive small amount of interest from my bank account, but my tuition paid was way more than what I received.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks everyone.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
ok123 said:
Thank you, gladaki,

Does anyone know if CIC cares about if I filed my taxes every year?

Do everyone file their taxes when they are international student and not working in Canada? I'm not sure if I was obligated to file taxes if I didn't have a SIN as an international student, and not working either. I did receive small amount of interest from my bank account, but my tuition paid was way more than what I received.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks everyone.
CIC doesn't care about those but you could have gotten loads of tuition tax credits as international student. You may still be able to claim them but not sure.

ok123

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Anyone else has experience on this topic? Any former international student applied for CEC? Did you include your Notice of Assessment from your school years?

Thanks everyone!

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok123 said:
Anyone else has experience on this topic? Any former international student applied for CEC? Did you include your Notice of Assessment from your school years?

Thanks everyone!
When did you graduate from your school years? Which years were your qualifying experience?

I was an international student myself and graduated few years ago. For the CEC application package, I only needed my last NOA before the application submission. As international students, we accumulated a lot of tuition fee credits over the years. Even when you didn't work, yearly income taxes should be filed. But when you do earn income, you should be able to get a portion of the tuition fee credit through income tax refund. I would advise you to gather your old documents and hire an accountant to backtrack your previous years' income taxes. That way you can properly readjust everything. Some people can earn more than 5k a year just from tax refund until their tuition fee credit depleted...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ok123 said:
You only need to provide the "most recent."