+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notarisation question

thomjorke

Nov 23, 2018
Hi everyone,
I have a few questions about notorizing documents.
I am a bit confused.. i am doing the COMMON LAW sponsorship. I am getting mixed messages about whether the sponsorship family/friend letters need to be notorized or not... some people said yes, some people said no. Could someone please clarify this for me?

As well, what other documents need to be notorized? I am getting a CERTIFIED translation of documents, but not notorized. I am planning on getting the common law declaration notorized as well.. anything else?

Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,
I have a few questions about notorizing documents.
I am a bit confused.. i am doing the COMMON LAW sponsorship. I am getting mixed messages about whether the sponsorship family/friend letters need to be notorized or not... some people said yes, some people said no. Could someone please clarify this for me?

As well, what other documents need to be notorized? I am getting a CERTIFIED translation of documents, but not notorized. I am planning on getting the common law declaration notorized as well.. anything else?

Thanks!
Hi

Follow the checklist and guide, not what other people tell you. If the letters were required to be notarized, that would be clearly stated. As long as you are following the translation instructions, it's fine. The common-law declaration is not on the checklist.