+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Job, I am struggling to identify NOC Code for my Job.

Oct 12, 2018
Hi,

I have recently got a job, but struggle to understand the noc code that can be suitable for given title and duties. The nature of job with manufacturing department and I really worried if it falls under C category, however the actual job function is more similar to Administrative Assistant which is in fact B category. However, in nether code I can find enough of similar duties. Please if somebody have experience or had similar case, give me an advice.

Job Title: Operational Assistant
Job Function: It is a cross function role providing administrative support to Manufacturing Department
Job Duties:
  • All payroll edits must be input into the timekeeping system, Kronos, by 10 am every Monday
  • Responsible for Payroll/Kronos: edit punches, verify reg. hrs & overtime hrs., dept. transfers and charges to the correct departments.
  • Input time off requests into Kronos
  • Managing time off requests
  • Input labour cross charges
  • Responding to off-day requests in a timely manner
  • Maintain the ESA Report/Employees Standard Act Report/Tracking working days, hours & eligibility for working Overtime on a spread sheet
  • Maintain Kronos Maintenance (Correct Data, Vacation) in Kronos with the support of HERE Team & Payroll departments.
  • Maintain the vacations planner/receive vacation requests, monitor & verify eligibility of vacation by seniority as per the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) & deadlines
  • Responsible for the temporary employment tracking hours spread sheet & countable shift reports for the union.
  • Support employees with personal requests i.e. lost & cancellation checks, new bank accounts & employment letters.
  • Responsible for layoffs & displacement of personnel to other departments by following the CBA procedures re: layoffs & displacement to another department.
  • Responsible for managing the safety boot card program for all Brampton employees
  • Assists with uniform ordering process and distribution of uniforms when required
  • Organize production paperwork including managing archived files
  • Create memos, posters to communicate manufacturing updates
  • Work closely with (HERE) Financial analyst to add, verifying cost centre rates & LCC codes. (annually)
  • Work closely with payroll dept. to verify & confirm employee rates (annually)
  • Work closely with the payroll dept. (HERE Team) re: Payroll Issues & Manual Adjustments.
  • Other duties as assigned by Management (Mostly administrative function related to statistics and reports )
Preferred

• Bachelor's Degree (Business)
  • Hourly Payroll Administration experience

Please if somebody could help or guide me in right direction, I would appreciate very much.

Kind Regards,
Sergey

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,

I have recently got a job, but struggle to understand the noc code that can be suitable for given title and duties. The nature of job with manufacturing department and I really worried if it falls under C category, however the actual job function is more similar to Administrative Assistant which is in fact B category. However, in nether code I can find enough of similar duties. Please if somebody have experience or had similar case, give me an advice.

Job Title: Operational Assistant
Job Function: It is a cross function role providing administrative support to Manufacturing Department
Job Duties:
  • All payroll edits must be input into the timekeeping system, Kronos, by 10 am every Monday
  • Responsible for Payroll/Kronos: edit punches, verify reg. hrs & overtime hrs., dept. transfers and charges to the correct departments.
  • Input time off requests into Kronos
  • Managing time off requests
  • Input labour cross charges
  • Responding to off-day requests in a timely manner
  • Maintain the ESA Report/Employees Standard Act Report/Tracking working days, hours & eligibility for working Overtime on a spread sheet
  • Maintain Kronos Maintenance (Correct Data, Vacation) in Kronos with the support of HERE Team & Payroll departments.
  • Maintain the vacations planner/receive vacation requests, monitor & verify eligibility of vacation by seniority as per the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) & deadlines
  • Responsible for the temporary employment tracking hours spread sheet & countable shift reports for the union.
  • Support employees with personal requests i.e. lost & cancellation checks, new bank accounts & employment letters.
  • Responsible for layoffs & displacement of personnel to other departments by following the CBA procedures re: layoffs & displacement to another department.
  • Responsible for managing the safety boot card program for all Brampton employees
  • Assists with uniform ordering process and distribution of uniforms when required
  • Organize production paperwork including managing archived files
  • Create memos, posters to communicate manufacturing updates
  • Work closely with (HERE) Financial analyst to add, verifying cost centre rates & LCC codes. (annually)
  • Work closely with payroll dept. to verify & confirm employee rates (annually)
  • Work closely with the payroll dept. (HERE Team) re: Payroll Issues & Manual Adjustments.
  • Other duties as assigned by Management (Mostly administrative function related to statistics and reports )
One reason you're having trouble is that your list is far too detailed, too fine-grained - if you can summarize and reduce your duties to 5-6, it will become more clear.

As it is, your role sounds more like an HR / Payroll clerk (as you fear, not skilled). Might help to indicate the job title of your boss?