+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC code for Software Engineers/Developers

Decarbon

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021
Hi everyone,

I’m confused between the two NOC codes 21231 Software engineers and designers, and 21232 Software developers and programmers.

My job title is Lead Software Engineer. In essence, I am a programmer, I saw some threads about even if your title is software engineer youwould still apply under the software developers/programmers NOC code.

any thoughts on which one is more appropriate here?

thanks

NGN

Oct 21, 2021
Hello all,

I would be thankful if someone help me finding my correct noc!
I'm working in a paper distribution company and my title name is "Master File Coordinator".
What I actually is "Product Information Management". I take care of all our product's pricing, details and any related thing on the company website! my responsibilities are below:

Position Summary

The Master File Coordinator will be accountable for the overall maintenance and integrity of the national Master File system.
Key responsibilities include ensuring the accuracy and currency of pricing, item codes, and product descriptions through setup and maintenance.

Key Responsibilities
-Creating item codes and maintaining precise, detailed product specifications in A+ and DataCenter (Product & enventory management softwares) ensuring item descriptions are accurate.
-Maintain internal and external systems and assist in the creation and building of same when applicable;
-Assist with ebiz troubleshooting;
-Designing and formatting price book page layouts and organizing its production and national distribution;
-Obtain certifications for products;
-Communicating pricing and price book changes to all branches;
-Working with Marketing and Category Managers to establish market segments and product descriptions;
-Programming and ensuring resale prices are up-to-date; and Other duties as assigned.

I doubt between noc 21223- Database Analyst
& noc 12112- Records Management Technician.

My employer is not agree to adjust my responsibilities.

Please help me find my noc.
Thank you very much in advance.

NGN

Oct 21, 2021
Better use software developer 21232 for safe side. job title does not matter
Thank you for your reply. I don't create or develop softwares, I only use Information and inventory management softwares to take care of information of our products.

Ghos3t

Jan 17, 2023
@dipak.cse I am thinking of using 21232 as well, cause 21231 seems more appropriate for senior level engineers and architects, while I only have 3 years of experience.