+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC classification

itajena

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
dear all
as per CIC the NOC is classified as below:

Skill Type 0 (zero) – management jobs.
examples: restaurant managers, mine managers, shore captains (fishing)
Skill Level A — professional jobs. People usually need a degree from a university for these jobs.
examples: doctors, dentists, architects
Skill Level B — technical jobs and skilled trades. People usually need a college diploma or to train as an apprentice to do these jobs.
examples: chefs, electricians, plumbers
Skill Level C — intermediate jobs. These jobs usually need high school and/or job-specific training.
examples: long-haul truck drivers, butchers, food and beverage servers
Skill Level D — labour jobs. On-the-job training is usually given.
examples: cleaning staff, oil field workers, fruit pickers

does anyone knows the significance of each and the score they carry?

apurvrdx

Feb 23, 2015
Bangalore, INdia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2015
I am not sure but the NOC type changes the recquirements for the process after the ITA. Different job types have different recquirements for language and experience and certfications from professional bodies.

It will not affect your CRS score.

itajena

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
thats strange
meaning a managing position and an expert is ranked the same in the system?
does anyone knows the criteria for Financial Manager after ITA?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it's unclear what you are asking. To get an invitation under EE in any of the categories FSW, FST, or CEC, your job has to be classified in NOC O, A, or B. The language and education requirements for someone applying through an NOC B job are lower than for O or A, but you have to have all the education, training, and/or certificates necessary to engage in work in your NOC area.

If you qualify, you qualify, and if you, for instance, are an NOC B candidate with a job offer backed by an LMIA, you have more EE points than a Ph.D. NOC A or O without one.

itajena

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
thanks dobes for the useful information,
what i need to know is that my agent has submitted my profile as a financial analyst, and my ielts score is 7.5 overall, since the cic draws are hanging in 450, i doubled checked my profile and changed the NOC to other business services, manager, since i am a business development manager in my company. i need to know if submitted profile can cause me trouble later if i change it to a new NOC.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itajena said:
thanks dobes for the useful information,
what i need to know is that my agent has submitted my profile as a financial analyst, and my ielts score is 7.5 overall, since the cic draws are hanging in 450, i doubled checked my profile and changed the NOC to other business services, manager, since i am a business development manager in my company. i need to know if submitted profile can cause me trouble later if i change it to a new NOC.
You have to choose your NOC and stick to it once you have an invitation. You can't make your EE profile under one NOC and then apply with another. The NOCs have descriptions of the responsibilities, duties, and educational/certificate requirements of each one. Read the descriptions and find the one that fits most closely with what you actually do, and what your supervisor will write about your job in your required reference letter.

If your professed NOC code does not correspond to the duties and responsibilities mentioned in your reference letters, or if you don't have the qualifications listed with your NOC, your application will be rejected.

I also don't understand why changing your NOC would improve your score? Or are you just changing it to the correct one before getting an ITA?