+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

noc 5241 vs 2175

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi, I currently work as a creative designer and my job responsibilities is a combination of graphic design(5241) and web design(2175).

I'm stuck at 435 and with the recent trend I'm unlikely to get a direct ITA. since I do not have any connections to Canada, I'm looking at PNP. So I am wondering which noc is more beneficial and likely to get me an invite from provinces?

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
I'm confused between these two NOCs as well.

I am an 'Experience Designer'(job title) at Infosys, Communication Design Group and my job respobsibility partly overlaps with Graphic designers and illustrators (NOC 5241). I opened my profile with 2175 (Web Designer), for which there is no requirement in Manitoba. I was thinking of changing it up but but I was worried too, if it might fall under misrepresentation? cause most of the work I do is "web" design. but these terms are used very loosely in the industry. There is no fine line between UI design/UX design/Web design/Graphic Design in my job responsibilities

Any suggestions?

King K

Apr 11, 2021
Hey! I'm also an Experience Designer, working at Flipkart. I'm facing a similar dilemma. My job responsibilities include copy writing, overlooking graphic design and delivering the best user experience from a creative standpoint. I work closely with the UXR and Product team. I'm in the EE pool with the NOC 5121 right now 'Authors & Writers' but that doesn't encapsulate what I do since I'm in the e-commerce space and do much more. Thinking of pivoting to 2175 for a chance at PNP since I've already lost a ton of points for age, sitting at 471 currently (31 years).

Wanted to know what you ended up doing finally and if there's been any progress in your status?

PS. Since you probably have a degree in graphic design, you can apply for either though I feel 2175 would be better.

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
I stayed with 2175 because that's what I mostly do on a day to day basis at my work. 5241 not so much.

I don't have any advice for you on this because I just did what felt right to me.