+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 2131 vs 0711

ukris19

Feb 6, 2019
Hey,

I have a query regarding choosing between the NOC code 2131 & 0711.

I have Bachelors in Civil & MBA in construction management and 4 years of work experience designated officially as a Project Engineer but have carried out the role of project manager and completed 4 industrial construction projects from planning until commissioning. The duties in 0711 matches with my experience almost 90%. But the employment requirements like the ones below are scary.

• Several years of experience in the construction industry, including experience as a construction supervisor or field superintendent, are usually required.
  • Extensive experience in the construction industry may substitute for post-secondary education requirements.
  • Professional engineering status or construction trade certification may be required by some employers.
I do not want to overpromote my skills and get rejected. 2131 does not seem much different from my experience as well. Is it safe to choose 2131 than 0711?

Thanks in advance

ukris19

Feb 6, 2019
I applied under NOC 2131 and for my profile, I feel that was the right thing to do. I still haven't received my PR.

Reactions: davanzo

EngineerChic

Oct 4, 2019
I applied under NOC 2131 and for my profile, I feel that was the right thing to do. I still haven't received my PR.
Hello. I'm in the same dilemma. My CRS is 460 and I'm hoping for a pnp. Which of these NOC do you think would get me a Notification of interest from any province

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello. I'm in the same dilemma. My CRS is 460 and I'm hoping for a pnp. Which of these NOC do you think would get me a Notification of interest from any province
Look at the draws for Saskatchewan and calculate your SINP score. Ontario doesn’t have those as in demand but your can check their draws in case I am incorrect.