+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No right for chomage

Nikola1302

Mar 21, 2020
Hi guys,
I have a question and i would be very happy if someone would indulge me with a correct information.
I am a foreign worker, living and working in Quebec, i started working one week before covid-19, and now because of the situation, i am unemployed, and have no rights to chômage.
Is there anything that protect us from this situation, can we apply for any government program?
Thanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,
I have a question and i would be very happy if someone would indulge me with a correct information.
I am a foreign worker, living and working in Quebec, i started working one week before covid-19, and now because of the situation, i am unemployed, and have no rights to chômage.
Is there anything that protect us from this situation, can we apply for any government program?
Thanks in advance
You will have to look to see if you qualify for any other program but you pay into insurance programs like EI for any future unemployment. You have barely worked so haven’t paid into the insurance program so don’t qualify. Have you spoken to your employer to figure out whether this will impact their business longterm. Some business may have to downsize or close after this pandemic and we are likely going into a recession,