+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

no medical required for designated country?

dnclem

Jul 1, 2020
Hello,

I am applying for a Study Permit. My country (Pakistan) is in the list of designated countries, but after answering the questionnaire there is no request for a Medical Certificate. I find this a bit odd, as it seems like a medical and police certificate is required based on where I live. I am wondering if there is something I have filled incorrectly in the form (I checked multiple times and everything seems correct), OR if there is another section after uploading all of these files that involves submitting those documents. Here is what I see:

Another question is: I can't find the option to apply for the Student Direct Stream. I would much rather apply for this as it seems to be quicker. Where can I find this on the application?

ASTONMARTIN0614

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
Hello,

I am applying for a Study Permit. My country (Pakistan) is in the list of designated countries, but after answering the questionnaire there is no request for a Medical Certificate. I find this a bit odd, as it seems like a medical and police certificate is required based on where I live. I am wondering if there is something I have filled incorrectly in the form (I checked multiple times and everything seems correct), OR if there is another section after uploading all of these files that involves submitting those documents. Here is what I see:

Another question is: I can't find the option to apply for the Student Direct Stream. I would much rather apply for this as it seems to be quicker. Where can I find this on the application?
Hi,

You just need to apply what is required from the website. Every now and then you will need to check update from your GC account as sooner or later they will ask you for several items like;

Biometrics Submission
Medical Exam
Interview

Some can go for Upfront Medical exam and include to the submittals but
Upon submission of an application, you just need to submit papers as per the IRCC checklist. Police Clearance, on the other hand is one of the requirements.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Unless you entered that you did upfront medical there is nowhere to upload medical because you dont have medical results yet. After you submit the application at some point you will be sent a medical request form which u will take to the clinic and the clinic will submit your results electronically to Canada.

SDS is automatic if you meet the requirements, there is no separate application option.

dnclem

Jul 1, 2020
Thanks for the info. I guess Police Clearance will be posted later as well, as it isn't showing up now.

It seems like the processing time for visas for Pakistan has gone up nearly four-fold to 28 weeks (!) based on this site. My semester starts in September, but it will be conducted entirely online. Would I be correct in assuming my visa will be issued sometime around Dec-Jan based on current info? That really seems like a lot of time, even considering the backlog from the offices being closed for nearly a month..

ASTONMARTIN0614

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
Thanks for the info. I guess Police Clearance will be posted later as well, as it isn't showing up now.

It seems like the processing time for visas for Pakistan has gone up nearly four-fold to 28 weeks (!) based on this site. My semester starts in September, but it will be conducted entirely online. Would I be correct in assuming my visa will be issued sometime around Dec-Jan based on current info? That really seems like a lot of time, even considering the backlog from the offices being closed for nearly a month..
I want to share with you that i supposed to be on May Intake however due to the current situation and delayed process on my visa, I deferred to September. Until now I have been waiting. I applied 28th of January 2020. Most are in the same case - still waiting. I would suggest that you need to give due date on your waiting time. If you don't receive approval by August, consider deferring to next intake which is January 2021.

dnclem

Jul 1, 2020
Yeah, I read some stories on this forum about prolonged delays - that's unfortunate. I hope my visa will be issued in time for the 2nd semester at least as the 1st semester is being conducted online entirely anyway (I can't defer because of supervisors having deadlines on funded projects). Hopefully everyone gets their visas on time.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014

You might need to upload police clearance in that field they provide for other info.

dnclem

Jul 1, 2020
You might need to upload police clearance in that field they provide for other info.
Would this be the "Client Information" optional document?

Are there any other documents that should be uploaded to it too? For example, an English proficiency certificate or undergraduate transcript?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Would this be the "Client Information" optional document?

Are there any other documents that should be uploaded to it too? For example, an English proficiency certificate or undergraduate transcript?
Everything should be submitted under the most appropriate section, anything that doesn't fit put it in client info. Read the paper based requirements for your country the requirements will be listed there in a more complete way.