+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

no marriage certificate

nm110

Apr 9, 2019
Hi,

Please someone tell me if the marriage certificate requirement can be waived off in some certain circumstances.
I am planning to apply under new public policy and do not have much time, and I cant afford to go to India anytime soon even if there were no Covid restrictions.
Me and my Spouse have each others name on our passports.
Our 2 children have both of our names on their passports and Birth certificate.
Isn't having 2 kids and names on each others passport enough proof ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

Please someone tell me if the marriage certificate requirement can be waived off in some certain circumstances.
I am planning to apply under new public policy and do not have much time, and I cant afford to go to India anytime soon even if there were no Covid restrictions.
You should post in the forum here specific to whatever program you are applying under.

No, it likely will not be okay to just submit without the marriage certificate. In covid times, it may repeat may (i do not know for certain) be possible to submit without the marriage certificate with a letter of explanation that it is delayed/you cannot immediately get the marriage certificate (show for example attempts to get it) and submit/add it to your file later.

But again, you'll still have to make the effort to get it and you'd be best to start the process immediately. I have no idea on how to do so for a marriage certificate from India while abroad, but you're surely not the first to need to do so.

dpinsent

Oct 24, 2016
Qatar
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
10 Mar 2021
Nomination.....
12 Jul 2021
AOR Received.
29 Aug 2021
Hi,

Hi, We're in the same situation. Did you manage to resolve this and if so, could you share your experience and advice please? thank you

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Technically I suppose you could apply as common law (if you meet requirements for that ).

But again - order the marriage certificate now anyway. They may ask to see.

dpinsent

Oct 24, 2016
Qatar
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
10 Mar 2021
Nomination.....
12 Jul 2021
AOR Received.
29 Aug 2021
Technically I suppose you could apply as common law (if you meet requirements for that ).

But again - order the marriage certificate now anyway. They may ask to see.

Thank you. We will check if that route is an option.