+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No identity document or Marriage certificate for PR application. What to do next?

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
My wife and I got out positive decision in March. We are going to apply for PR and the application requires identity documents and marriage certificate from my home country. My wife and I only have our passports which both were seized when we made the refugee claim and we only have the certified copies that IRCC office gave us that day. We do not have access to the marriage certificate or any identity document from my home country. What should we do without these documents? Any help is appreciated.

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
Include a written explanation why you couldn't provide the documents and every effort and proof that you tried but you couldn't get it.
You must also include the copy of the certified copy of your passport datapage

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Include a written explanation why you couldn't provide the documents and every effort and proof that you tried but you couldn't get it
That is what I intended to do. Thanks.
Problem is, getting documents from home country is somewhat dangerous for my family and this action may cause them harm. I will explain this in an explanation letter. Hope it works.