+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No businesses

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
They've been sending people procedural fairness letters over this, I've gathered. I've also seen some get rejected and others approved due to having agency employers. Of the rejected, I've seen caregiver offers of employment in which the patient name field said "varied."

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........

It is starting to seem more and more like they are trying to prevent the nursing / group / retirement home scenarios from qualifying for the pilots.
Also see:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers/child-care-home-support-worker/complete-experience-eligibility.html#experience

Where it says:
Home support worker (NOC 44101)

• You must have cared for someone who needs help from a home support worker in your employer’s private home.
    • The location can’t be an institutional setting such as a nursing home.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

It is starting to seem more and more like they are trying to prevent the nursing / group / retirement home scenarios from qualifying for the pilots.
Also see:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers/child-care-home-support-worker/complete-experience-eligibility.html#experience

Where it says:
Home support worker (NOC 44101)

• You must have cared for someone who needs help from a home support worker in your employer’s private home.
    • The location can’t be an institutional setting such as a nursing home.
This letter is from 2019 and the rule of no nursing/retirement homes has been in place for years.

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........

It would seem we have more evidence pointing to this gray area with agencies.
I see that IRCC, as I've posted before, specifically has an issue with daycares and nursing homes.
In this post, it mentions agencies being a problem on bullet 3 of the 2nd page.
So what of this:
https://migrantworkersalliance.org/hccp-hswp-if-i-am-a-refugee-or-undocumented/

"This means work in a hospital, nursing home or long-term care home does not count. However, if you are hired by an agency to provide care to one or multiple clients inside their house or residence, this work can be counted."

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So what of this:
https://migrantworkersalliance.org/hccp-hswp-if-i-am-a-refugee-or-undocumented/

"This means work in a hospital, nursing home or long-term care home does not count. However, if you are hired by an agency to provide care to one or multiple clients inside their house or residence, this work can be counted."
IMO the link above is sort of useless for a couple of reasons. First of all, the bit quoted above relates specifically to work experience and not the offer of employment. Secondly, this isn't the authoritative source (i.e. IRCC). The only thing that matters is how IRCC is applying the rules for this program.

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
IMO the link above is sort of useless for a couple of reasons. First of all, the bit quoted above relates specifically to work experience and not the offer of employment. Secondly, this isn't the authoritative source (i.e. IRCC). The only thing that matters is how IRCC is applying the rules for this program.
Agreed! Why doesn't IRCC state in the experienced category that agencies aren't permitted? Why just say daycares and nursing homes? Could it be that someone can use a direct employment offer but then use an agency to get the PR portion one?

Reactions: Haert