+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nickname & Additional Information

reginaphilange

Feb 27, 2012
;D Hi, please help. 2 questions :p

Im completing my temp work permit app. it asks for any other name, i have a nickname - however, this has never been used on any formal document, its just nickname used by friends, family, and informal emails - So do I still include this nickname on the form?

I previously held a study permit, and now it asks for details of any temp visas held. How much information do I need to include about the previous study permit. The form only allows 2 lines when completed by computer!! -If I was to include another form of the same section, this still only allows a short amount of space. Cant i just include a sepeate sheet of information about this (not the form) and specify the question I'm answering?

Thanks!!

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
No. Other name is for aliases. For study permit, simply write the date issued to date of expiry.

reginaphilange

Feb 27, 2012
Thanks Senorita ;D

I did miss one semester before I left canada, so I do feel like I should include a statement about this. because on the form it also asks for full dates of being a temp resident in any country for more than 6 months. do you think I should include a little statement about it, or not? theymight question why i missed a semster (It became hard to travel .. AND bearing in mind my study permit was valid at all times!)

should I give the explanation? I dont want them to come back to me at a later date and say I wasnt a student for some of the time i was in the country! ::)

reginaphilange

Feb 27, 2012
the nickname thing is still confusing me. it says 'if you have used any other name including nickname/alias'

I've used my nickname on emails to universities etc (informally), and at work sometimes, but not on any formal docs. So in a way some people know me by my nickname. I dont want to get this wrong :-\

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Enter it then.

reginaphilange said:
the nickname thing is still confusing me. it says 'if you have used any other name including nickname/alias'

I've used my nickname on emails to universities etc (informally), and at work sometimes, but not on any formal docs. So in a way some people know me by my nickname. I dont want to get this wrong :-\