Nice to know information - Travel History from the UAE

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hello,

I've just been through the rigorous process of getting my travel history from the Dubai (UAE). Sharing the steps here, in case it might help someone.

1. Contact your family / friend in the UAE who would be undertaking this on your behalf. Ask them to send a copy of their current valid passport, visa and Emirates ID.

2. Take all these three docs to a certified translator in Canada who will type out a Power of Attorney (in Arabic) in the name of the person above, granting them permission to apply for your travel history. Please make sure the POA is addressed to GDRFA (very important). The POA has to include your PP, Visa and EID details as well as of the person you are authorizing.

3. Take this document to a notary - you will sign only in his/her presence. They will notarise it then.

4. This notarized document is then taken to Official Document Services (222 Jarvis St, Toronto) who will attest it. Please do not remove the blue ribbon. ODS is not worried about the content of the document, so Arabic only is fine. They are only concerned about the notary's signature.

5. Call the UAE Consulate in Toronto(160 Bloor St E) or Embassy in Ottawa, who will then send you a mail with the details of how to make an online payment for their attestation. It's the Ministry of Foreign Affairs site in UAE - one has to register, login and then pay. Print out the receipt. The receipt has to accompany the original document when you submit for attestation. If you prefer to send it by post, please check with them on how to do so. Normally the document is ready within two days. But don't show up before getting a confirmation email from them that it's ready.

6. Send this document to your contact in the UAE with a copy of your PP/visa and EID. They have to then take it to the main Immigration office in Dubai. Ask them to go Section 15 which is responsible for this work. The immigration office does not provide travel history between dates - rather they provide history from the time, your residence visa was issued first, till the time it was cancelled. I had worked for my employers for 12 years so had one original visa for which they gave details. If you had changed employers in the period requested by IRCC, please send a copy of all visas, passports and EIDs.

7. Once you get the original, it can be mailed back to you. The document is in Arabic. IRCC ask for the original with a certified translation.

Hope this helps,

Dusyant Kumar

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Hello,

I've just been through the rigorous process of getting my travel history from the Dubai (UAE). Sharing the steps here, in case it might help someone.

1. Contact your family / friend in the UAE who would be undertaking this on your behalf. Ask them to send a copy of their current valid passport, visa and Emirates ID.

2. Take all these three docs to a certified translator in Canada who will type out a Power of Attorney (in Arabic) in the name of the person above, granting them permission to apply for your travel history. Please make sure the POA is addressed to GDRFA (very important). The POA has to include your PP, Visa and EID details as well as of the person you are authorizing.

3. Take this document to a notary - you will sign only in his/her presence. They will notarise it then.

4. This notarized document is then taken to Official Document Services (222 Jarvis St, Toronto) who will attest it. Please do not remove the blue ribbon. ODS is not worried about the content of the document, so Arabic only is fine. They are only concerned about the notary's signature.

5. Call the UAE Consulate in Toronto(160 Bloor St E) or Embassy in Ottawa, who will then send you a mail with the details of how to make an online payment for their attestation. It's the Ministry of Foreign Affairs site in UAE - one has to register, login and then pay. Print out the receipt. The receipt has to accompany the original document when you submit for attestation. If you prefer to send it by post, please check with them on how to do so. Normally the document is ready within two days. But don't show up before getting a confirmation email from them that it's ready.

6. Send this document to your contact in the UAE with a copy of your PP/visa and EID. They have to then take it to the main Immigration office in Dubai. Ask them to go Section 15 which is responsible for this work. The immigration office does not provide travel history between dates - rather they provide history from the time, your residence visa was issued first, till the time it was cancelled. I had worked for my employers for 12 years so had one original visa for which they gave details. If you had changed employers in the period requested by IRCC, please send a copy of all visas, passports and EIDs.

7. Once you get the original, it can be mailed back to you. The document is in Arabic. IRCC ask for the original with a certified translation.

Hope this helps,
Hi,
It seems a complicated process. Do IRCC want this document or you just got it for your own satisfaction of travel history information? What if i look into my passport and put my travel history mostly correct? Please advise. Thanks.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hi,
It seems a complicated process. Do IRCC want this document or you just got it for your own satisfaction of travel history information? What if i look into my passport and put my travel history mostly correct? Please advise. Thanks.
It's complicated in terms of the number of steps but pretty simple to finish the part in Canada. The weakest link is your contact person in the UAE and their ability to get it done on time.

I needed it it because I was self employed, had a history of frequent travel during the eligibility period and IRCC asked for it at the interview.