+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Next steps after WP approval

nbzsala

Sep 17, 2020
Hi all,

Apologies in advance if the question seems silly.

My WP was just approved. In the letter it says that "If you are from a country/territory which requires a temporary resident visa (TRV), you have also been issued a visa. This visa has been affixed in your passport, and is valid for multiple visits to Canada until it expires."
I am a little confused by this last sentence because I did not submit my passport with the WP application. I do however have a valid TRV for entering Canada, which I had applied for previously (for an unrelated purpose).

My question is: can I just use the letter approving my WP, together with my existing TRV, to enter Canada? Or do I need to get a new TRV? Thanks!

Shubhangi18

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Hi all,

Apologies in advance if the question seems silly.

My WP was just approved. In the letter it says that "If you are from a country/territory which requires a temporary resident visa (TRV), you have also been issued a visa. This visa has been affixed in your passport, and is valid for multiple visits to Canada until it expires."
I am a little confused by this last sentence because I did not submit my passport with the WP application. I do however have a valid TRV for entering Canada, which I had applied for previously (for an unrelated purpose).

My question is: can I just use the letter approving my WP, together with my existing TRV, to enter Canada? Or do I need to get a new TRV? Thanks!
Can you share your timelines as well?