+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New York- how they mail your passport back? A little worried!

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
Hi,

I sent my passport to NY consulate for my visa- however does anyone know if the Canadian Consulate sends the passport registered mail or some form of tracking it...I'm worry that my passport could get lost.

Anyone care to assist?

Thanks,

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey , as far as I know, you had to send a return envelop along with your passport, so when they stamp the visa, they put everything in the return envelop and send it to you. If where you are , there is no return envelop service, like in lebanon, I sent it with DHL, when I got the email back from the consult that the visa is stamped, I went to DHL, give them my B number, and their office in Damascus picked my passport from the consult

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
From the country I am in the only way they could send it any other way was to have it sent via Fedex, UPS etc etc however I needed to make sure I have a corporate account....which I do not.

So I just sent it and they will sent it to me via their standard procedure....which sounds scary. I hope my passport makes it back.

newbie2281

Jan 31, 2009
Now I undertstand. I guess you might have sent the Express Envelope for return delivery but there is no way to track it unless NYC provides you the tracking number.

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
I live outside the US or Canada so I can not buy US stamps or anything like that here. So there is no way I could include a prepaid envelope.

I just hope my passport makes it back okay.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

robertbola said:
I live outside the US or Canada so I can not buy US stamps or anything like that here. So there is no way I could include a prepaid envelope.

I just hope my passport makes it back okay.
Keep your fingers crossed as US offices normally will not mail passports outside their processing area.

PMM

mud504@yahoo

Oct 20, 2008
Indiana
On my PPR from NY it said that passports would only be mailed back to US or Canada addresses and that you would have 2 provid a safe address location for it to be sent to if you lived elsewhere.

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
PMM- I don;t know how that is possible...anyway I live outside the USA and based on the letter I got they say they will Mail to my location via USPS First Class Mail....so I'm sure they are use to dealing with this...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

robertbola said:
PMM- I don;t know how that is possible...anyway I live outside the USA and based on the letter I got they say they will Mail to my location via USPS First Class Mail....so I'm sure they are use to dealing with this...
Well here is what Buffalo states on there web site.

"We strongly encourage you to use United States Postal Service or Canada Post premium mail service. This allows you to track the delivery and return of your passports.

We will return passports to addresses in the USA or Canada only. If your current mailing address is not in the USA or Canada, please provide us with the complete name, address and telephone number of a relative, unpaid representative or an authorized representative in Canada or the USA to whom we can send your passports."

So maybe you know something that Buffalo doesn't?

PMM