Aug 2010
Med's Request
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 2010
Passport Req..
June 2011
Hi,

i am in US on h1b. i applied for FSW but my field "software engineer" is not on the new list. i am planning on switching to pnp and want to know where to start and what are my options.

also
1 - do i need a job offer for the PNP
2 - if i succeed in PNP, will i need to goto canada or i can wait till end of the h1b
3 - can i convert my skilled worker application (i submitted recently) to PNP ?
4 - what is the best option for software engineer in PNP.
5 - do i need to apply in all provinces in canada PNP process or just one application for all provinces ?

Please help me.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
- Are you working in the United States in one of the following temporary skilled worker visa categories: H-1B, H1-B1, H-1C, E-3?
- Do you have a minimum of one year of work experience in the United States in one of the qualifying visa categories listed above.
- Is your occupation must be on the Regional Occupations Under Pressure list for Alberta. http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/oup/abouplist.shtml
take a look at 2171 and 0213

If your answer is positive on these questions you might want to apply to Alberta... No job offer required....

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html

BTW my current position in US is Senior Software Engineer Developer and I was nominated by Alberta under NOC 2171

MhK

May 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
IT code (2171)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Jan 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
Med's Request
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 2010
Passport Req..
June 2011
Thank you...can you please also help on following questions

- if i succeed in PNP, will i need to goto canada immediately or i can wait till end of the h1b
- can i use/request my existing skilled worker application (i submitted recently) to be considered for alberta PNP ?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
What part of Immigrate immediately dont you get,YES and the other is NO,You are dealing with 2 separate goverments

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as I know from reading other peoples experiences, you get a PNP certificate from AINP and after that you can use that to apply for residency with CIC. If you already have an FSW application going and you told them this, AINP may ask CIC to change your FSW application to a PNP application. Once you get your PR visa, you have a certain time limit to land in Canada to activate your PR but you don't have to move to Canada immediately since as a PR, you can live outside Canada for up to 3 out of every 5 years. You should probably read the whole H1B thread to learn from what other people have experienced. It's gotten pretty long though.

C

cchabert

MhK just jump to Alberta program as Ingegarcia said, if you answer yes to his questions, the rest is no relevant and you're wasting time, every day more and more people are sending applications to Alberta, this program can change any moment.

Here is te link to Alberta:

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html

blueangel18

Jan 13, 2009

hello,,,

please, i need help in my situation right now.. me and my fiance are both contract workers (food server) under semi skilled category. we;ve been here in alberta for almost 2 years now. since my fiance and i worked in the same company, as they say we cant be nominated at the same time, so my fiance process his papers under PNP. its been almost 3 months now since our lawyer submitted his papers to the immigration and up to now, we didnt receive any file number yet. how long will it take for us to get the file number?

ravenous

Jan 13, 2009
hello.. i just signed-up in here..
i would like to know if a concrete batcher is eligible or qualified for alberta pnp?
please help.. thanks...

blueangel18

Jan 13, 2009
hello.. its me again,. thnks for the reply.... i would like to ask , does he need to exit canada if ever we will not receive any progress from his application? his contract will expire this june, .. and if ever he needs to exit , can he exit anywhere else except going back home? thnks

njdesi

Jan 19, 2009
hello everyone,
Just like Mhk , I'm new to Canadian immigration process and had few questions.

1) The firm I work for has offices in Canada( Toronto & Vancouver) and I can transfer to these places. So I was wondering if I could apply for Alberta and move to BC or Ontario, would this be legit ? or will there be consequences later down the line?

2) How long does the process take ,I still have 20 months on H1-B . So if I apply would this give me enough time or am I late ?

P.s : I work in the IT field . Systems Analyst is my current job title.

I apologize if these questions were asked before , my search didn't return any results hence these questions.

Thanks.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
njdesi said:
hello everyone,

1) The firm I work for has offices in Canada( Toronto & Vancouver) and I can transfer to these places. So I was wondering if I could apply for Alberta and move to BC or Ontario, would this be legit ? or will there be consequences later down the line? NO AS LONG YOU HAVE YOUR PR STATUS ALREADY

2) How long does the process take ,I still have 20 months on H1-B . So if I apply would this give me enough time or am I late ? YOU HAVE ENOUGH TIME

GOOD JOB PROSPECTS
I apologize if these questions were asked before , my search didn't return any results hence these questions.

Thanks.

ss123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
If you can transfer, why do you not try the FSW with arranged employment route insetad of alberta PNP . that way you donot have to worry bout being in Alberta.

Under new policy it is supposed to take 6 months - 1 year. You can go to CIC site and check for processing time also....

njdesi said:
hello everyone,

1) The firm I work for has offices in Canada( Toronto & Vancouver) and I can transfer to these places. So I was wondering if I could apply for Alberta and move to BC or Ontario, would this be legit ? or will there be consequences later down the line?

2) How long does the process take ,I still have 20 months on H1-B . So if I apply would this give me enough time or am I late ?

Thanks.