+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New to get study permit or work permit

Tewodross

Apr 29, 2021
I am tewodros fekadu, i am 26 years old ethiopian that wants to migrate to canada who have graduated in bachelor of science mechanical engineering and i am working in ethiopia as energy technologist.so please help me with the process?
thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You said study permit, work permit and immigrate...which one. All are different paths and requriements. You are not eligible for a work permit unless you have a Canadian job offer with a LMIA. The employer has to prove no one can do the job. If you want to immigrate look Express Entry - Federal Skilled Workers program. If you want to study, apply to colleges or university, get accepted and then apply for a permit. Look for all this information on the Immigration Canada website.

Tewodross

Apr 29, 2021
You said study permit, work permit and immigrate...which one. All are different paths and requriements. You are not eligible for a work permit unless you have a Canadian job offer with a LMIA. The employer has to prove no one can do the job. If you want to immigrate look Express Entry - Federal Skilled Workers program. If you want to study, apply to colleges or university, get accepted and then apply for a permit. Look for all this information on the Immigration Canada website.
would you mind help me with attaching the links of free scholarships please

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
For scholarships you will need to contact the individual schools you are interesting in attending to ask what scholarships they have available.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
There are no free scholarships. Contact the school you are attending and ask about scholarships for international students. To get a study permit, you need to pay first year tuition and show at least $10,000 Cdn.

nightshadow

Apr 30, 2021
Ethiopia
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Nairobi (for Ethiopia)
App. Filed.......
19-04-2021
How long does it take to get a reply or update for a study permit application from the Nairobi visa office?

nightshadow

Apr 30, 2021
Ethiopia
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Nairobi (for Ethiopia)
App. Filed.......
19-04-2021
For Fall 2021, it states you will receive a decision by August.
After getting a decision, any idea on how long it takes to get a visa? Classes start mid-September and I wanted to know if I will make it.