+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Life and a LOT of questions

Oct 5, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I am looking to move Canada and preparing for my visa I realize that I could not answer to some of my questions and I hope you can. :)
-I am French but I live and work in London for now 7 years but i have a French passport, does it make me a UK citizen or should i apply for a visa like a French citizen?
-I was wondering if it will help if I was moving to Canada (Toronto) while doing the Visa or should I wait for the Visa to be accepted before going?
-Here in London I work in Administration and I was wondering if it is a sector where i Will be able to work in Canada or I should look for a change of Career?

I am looking forward to you replies

Sabrina

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What kind of visa are you preparing for? Are you planning on applying to immigrate or have you already applied to immigrate? Are you applying for a student visa? Something else?

- You are only a UK citizen if you actually have UK citizenship.
- You can't just move to Canada and live here. You need to have a visa that allows you to move to Canada. What visa do you have?
- You can work in whatever sector you want. This will be something you have to decide.

Oct 5, 2016
I just have a french passport and I would like to apply for a Entry express visa but i am not sure as I have tried to do it and it looks like that I am not elegeable for it.
I would like to move to Canada and work there.Which visa would you recommend.
Do you think it will be easier if i try first to get a temporary Visa for 6 month and then apply for a permanent one once I am in Canada?
Do you think it will be good for me to use the service of an immigration Lawyer?
It is the first time i am doing something like that as for living in a UK i didn't need too feel up any paper work because I am European.

I am sorry i ask a lot of questions but i really want to move there and I would like to put as much as i can on my side.

:)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How old are you?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Sabrina London said:
I just have a french passport and I would like to apply for a Entry express visa but i am not sure as I have tried to do it and it looks like that I am not elegeable for it.
I would like to move to Canada and work there.Which visa would you recommend.
Do you think it will be easier if i try first to get a temporary Visa for 6 month and then apply for a permanent one once I am in Canada?
Do you think it will be good for me to use the service of an immigration Lawyer?
It is the first time i am doing something like that as for living in a UK i didn't need too feel up any paper work because I am European.

I am sorry i ask a lot of questions but i really want to move there and I would like to put as much as i can on my side.

:)
If you meant to work in Canada permanently, its either Express entry or Provincial nomination (PNP)

temp visa for 6 months is not gonna help, because EE points are for 1 year or more work experience, so as eligibility of CEC
Visitor visa means no working or studying while you're staying, and you need work permit to work temporarily. For work permit to happen you need LMIA or some special conditions, which is hard to be approved for

PNP depend on the province you are looking to go to, you need either some experiences in a list of occupations or a recognized job offer. Decide which province you want to go first.

I am assuming you speak French? QSW favors a lot for French speakers if Quebec is where you want to go

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sabrina London said:
i just turned 30 in July
You should look into the IEC/Working Holiday visa program. That's probably your most realistic option right now of moving to Canada temporarily. Note that this program is already closed for 2016.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mf4361 said:
If you meant to work in Canada permanently, its either Express entry or Provincial nomination (PNP)

temp visa for 6 months is not gonna help, because EE points are for 1 year or more work experience, so as eligibility of CEC
Visitor visa means no working or studying while you're staying, and you need work permit to work temporarily. For work permit to happen you need LMIA or some special conditions, which is hard to be approved for

PNP depend on the province you are looking to go to, you need either some experiences in a list of occupations or a recognized job offer. Decide which province you want to go first.

I am assuming you speak French? QSW favors a lot for French speakers if Quebec is where you want to go
As for French speakers, you do not even need LMIA for temporary work permit. There is now something called Mobolite Francophone. If you are able to prove that your French is above CBL 7 then you can use that stream.
As for the Express entry, check again, as you have still good age and you may qualify there. you can use results of TEF Canada as your first language. You have plenty of experience, so now there is just question if you have minimum requested education (you did not mention that).
There is one specific stream run from Ontario for French speakers who can also speak decent English. You will need to have also IELTS test passed for that.