+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New employer, LMO and Work Permit still processing

topher

Jun 28, 2012
hi!

I'm just 8 mos here in canada, and I quit my job as an FCA last month, but my work permit will expire on sept.29,2012. I have a new work as a line cook, but my new employer was telling me that my LMO and work permit is still processing..
is that ok? that I'm working without a work permit?. but i have my old work permit?

Thanks

out

Jun 23, 2012
from what i have read and browsed regarding conditions to work under TFW; each work permit corresponds to the employer who hired. take a closer look at your very work permit and it will detail there the conditions. if and when you are working to a new employer right now maybe a risk or a threat to become lost in status as how it is explained in the cic website...just be careful and hopefully the new LMO you are waiting be released soon...

topher

Jun 28, 2012
so what is my status now?... am i a illegal worker now?.. is their a possibility for me to send back home?.. my new employer said that its ok because my lmo and work permt is processing now so nothing to worry about legalities but im just afraid because i havent seen any documents right now..i havent signed any papers,, they just get the photocopy of my old work permit and my passport.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You are working illegally and need to stop immediately. Yes - if someone finds out - you could be sent home. You cannot start your new job until you have your new work permit.

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
I would really be careful as from the information you have given I would guess that you are working illegally because what if the LMO is declined? There are no guarantees that an LMO will be approved and CIC only issue a visa once you have provided the approved LMO, from what I have read you cannot work for a new employer until the new visa has been issued. If your old visa states the employer and is not open then you have to wait until you get a new visa. You can only continue to work if your visa has expired and you have applied for an extension with another LMO but that is if it is with the same employer known as implied stauts but this is not your case. I really think if CIC find out and if anyone can correct me if I am wrong, they can gain this information from your SIN, so you could face the real possibilty of being deported. I also think you employer should check they have got the correct information just in case. If you go on to the CIC website it tells you on there about applying for a visa with a new employer.

deancloud

Jun 28, 2012
Sorry if this is kind of out of the topic, but I'm not getting any reply in my thread. Can anyone answer me in my thread please? It's the "Can I submit my work permit application to the USA" and "Regarding Work Permit Application" thread. Thanks!

out

Jun 23, 2012
your unexpired work permit is not intended to your new work; so in principle you are working illegally. the so called threat or risk to your valid status is if and when you will be caught in your present situation as working without the corrresponding new work permit for a new employer/employment. this may put you to be out of status or whatever unfavorable verdict you may encounter. taking chances may also taking risk...take care!