+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi timelines

namrata

Nov 15, 2009
These have been my timelines so far:

20th August: Application submitted in Ottawa, Canada
22nd September: Sponsorship approved
26th September: Application received in New Delhi
22nd October: Request for PPR & UK Police clearance (I studied in the UK from 2000 - 2004)

I should receive my UK clearance on the 17th of November & be able to send my passport & clearance certificate to New Delhi by the 19th of November.

What is the possibility of receiving my visa before Christmas?? Is my timeline about right?? Any help would be appreciated..

cheers :))

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Return of PP with visa from ND normally takes 2-3 weeks if there are no other issues. Given that you are just submitting your PPC from the UK now (it should have been sent with your application), that may slow you down since they will need to do a background check before issuing the visa. Typically, when someone has lived outside of India, this step takes longer so can take 5-6 weeks or longer. My guess is that you would be very lucky to get your PP back before Xmas. Keep your fingers crossed!

namrata

Nov 15, 2009
thanks for ur message. i submitted the Indian Police Clearance with my original documents but wasn't aware that it was required from the UK as well :(.. I was kinda hoping that they'd finish all their background checks by the time they receive the UK clearance. i'll keep my fngers crossed and hope for the best I guess.. thanks again for the help

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
namrata: It states very clearly in the PR application guidebook that you must submit a PPC from every country in which you have lived for 6 months or more since reaching the age of 18. Since you lived in the UK for 4 years, of course you should have taken the time to submit the PCC from the UK with your application. The PCC from the UK will form part of your background check so no, the background check will certainly not be completed by the time you send your PCC from the UK.