+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW COMER WANTS TO MIGRATE TO ALBERTA

pk8914

Sep 1, 2011
HI everyone, i dont know if here is the right place to post, if not please let me know the appropriate place

i am 24 and an "new comer". i am glad that i just got my PR not too long ago. meanwhile I am anxious because I dont have any ideas what my next plan is.

Without a goal , i feel like i am wasting my life everyday. I miss days when i was international, i put great effort and would do everything possible to reach my previous goal which is become a PR. Finally i got what i want, but whats the next?

I heard Alberta has great opportunities, i wonder whats it like there? i know its cold which i dont really care.

I am considering petroleum engineering as my career, because my priority is to make money.

which city is better for my career path, Edmonton or Calgary?

what kind of jobs are out there? of course, i am willing to go further study to meet the requirements.

anyone know "shortcuts" to work in petroleum industry (not physical demanding jobs)? like some kind of training programs or i have to go to University of Calgary for a degree.

besides petroleum related jobs, whats other "good" jobs in Alberta.

i am really appreciate your reply......

MyCanadaPlan

Nov 5, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am very excited for you, but I can relate to that 'what next' feeling! There are so many other important things to plan!

I help newcomers with their pre-arrival plan for Canada. I invite you to visit my website and read my blog: mycanadaplan.com

I hope it is useful to you!

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
pk8914 said:
HI everyone, i dont know if here is the right place to post, if not please let me know the appropriate place

i am 24 and an "new comer". i am glad that i just got my PR not too long ago. meanwhile I am anxious because I dont have any ideas what my next plan is.

Without a goal , i feel like i am wasting my life everyday. I miss days when i was international, i put great effort and would do everything possible to reach my previous goal which is become a PR. Finally i got what i want, but whats the next?

I heard Alberta has great opportunities, i wonder whats it like there? i know its cold which i dont really care.

I am considering petroleum engineering as my career, because my priority is to make money.

which city is better for my career path, Edmonton or Calgary?

what kind of jobs are out there? of course, i am willing to go further study to meet the requirements.

anyone know "shortcuts" to work in petroleum industry (not physical demanding jobs)? like some kind of training programs or i have to go to University of Calgary for a degree.

besides petroleum related jobs, whats other "good" jobs in Alberta.

i am really appreciate your reply......
Wellcome on board.

For Career Edmonton and calgary both are okay, its your luck where you break in first. If you complete Masters in Petroleum I suggest calgary is good place for office jobs and Edmonton is good for field/ production jobs. Just bear in mind there is no easy money here, initially you have to work hard for securing a job then you need to fight to secure the position, you can be easily kicked out even if you are Masters if you shows easy going approach in your job execution.

All the best.