+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New column in tracking spreadsheet

walktheline

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
I wonder why there is no column about applicants' native nationality or has it been considered before?

As I observed it may influence the processing time. Some nationalities appear to get more attention from CIC for verification or security clearance.

If we can add this new column, it will help us to understand the pattern.

Azsereth

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
I suspect it is because there are so few participants (i.e. sample size) and there are so many factors involved for the additional information to be meaningful. Employment, travel, criminal records, ability to prove intent, etc. are all factors too. But if you are comparing yourself to only a few other people, you don't know which of the many factors are driving their timelines. I found that watching the processing times of the office with my application was helpful in what to expect. I received my citizenship test invite the week that the trends suggested I might. Of course I could have been considered non-routine, and I was actually just lucky in that my timeline followed the same trend as a handful of other applicants.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Azsereth said:
I suspect it is because there are so few participants (i.e. sample size) and there are so many factors involved for the additional information to be meaningful. Employment, travel, criminal records, ability to prove intent, etc. are all factors too. But if you are comparing yourself to only a few other people, you don't know which of the many factors are driving their timelines. I found that watching the processing times of the office with my application was helpful in what to expect. I received my citizenship test invite the week that the trends suggested I might. Of course I could have been considered non-routine, and I was actually just lucky in that my timeline followed the same trend as a handful of other applicants.
why would you characterize yourself as non-routine?

Panda_Bear

Jan 8, 2017
The most important thing is honesty and transparency. If you have nothing to hide then your case will be fine. Applications take long time to process when applicants do not have the required information in a clear and transparent way (e.g. missing documents, foggy stories etc.)

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
as few as possible should be the norm, to cut out unnecessary info.
for example, there's no need for a column saying when someone mailed their application, only a column which tells the received at CPC-S is sufficient.
For nationality its not warranted.

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canvis2006 said:
as few as possible should be the norm, to cut out unnecessary info.
for example, there's no need for a column saying when someone mailed their application, only a column which tells the received at CPC-S is sufficient.
For nationality its not warranted.
I agree. When it was sent is not relevant :)